#7 - THE DECISION

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

2017

Hye-Ji made her way back to her dorm, already calling the older girl. Sakura answered her call immediately as the girl got to her room "hi, Kura" she said with a smile
"Hye-ji" Sakura greeted. Hye-ji could hear the smile in her voice "are you okay?"
"I need help" she sighed, lying down on her bed and staring at the ceiling
"What's wrong, otter?" She asked, concern filling her voice. Sakura had called Hye-Ji 'otter' since she was 6. It was a nickname that had started as a joke but stuck over the years.
Hye-ji sighed "I met the boys today" she said, sitting up and fighting with her t-shirt "it was great. They all seem so kind and caring....especially Chan and Minho" she explained, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear "before I walked in I heard Chan talking to the others about me"
"What did he say?" Sakura asked
"That I may seem cold to others but he knows that it's just for show" she told the older girl "he said that one of the main reasons I should join the group is because he knows they'd be able to care for me better than anyone else would, and then they started asking me questions about my family, then when I didn't answer Minho told them to move on. Then he gave me a look, like he understood me... maybe I was reading too much into it. But, Sakura, when I was with them I felt safe... I've only ever felt like that when I'm with you, Jungwon or Jun Han"
Sakura exhaled quietly "Hye-Ji" she said quietly "say yes" she said simply
"What?" Hye-Ji asked, looking at herself in the mirror on the door.
"All I've ever wanted for you is to be happy" she said softly "I don't want you to be alone or misunderstood or sad. It's my biggest fear. I hoped day and night the people you debut with would care about you and These boys seem to. There's nothing more I could wish for. my Hye-Ji being cared for and protected. I just want you to be happy..." she said, the tears apparent in her voice "that's all I want and I think these boys will make you happy. So I think you should say yes, debut with them. In fact I won't let you say no"
Hye-Ji took a moment to respond. Hearing Sakura get so upset made tears fall from her eyes. She really missed her. She really really missed her. Some nights she would pretend she was sleeping over at Sakuras house just to get to sleep "I'll say yes then" Hye-Ji said, wiping her eyes "I really miss you, kura" she whispered, the tears falling quicker
"I miss you too" Sakura exhaled, sniffing " I'm so proud of you, sweetie. I remember when you were 6 and we'd just met, I knew from the first moment I saw you I'd protect you and be there for you for the rest of your life.... I promise, Hye-Ji, I'm going to be there every day of your life, listening to you and caring for you" she breathed, sniffing after every sentence
Hye-Ji sniffed and laughed to herself "only you could make me cry like this" she laughed, rubbing her nose "only you and your speeches about how much you care about me"
Sakura laughed back "You're the only person I care about this much" she chuckled "anyway, I need to move on before I break down into tears again" she sighed " I was at the zoo the other day and I saw an otter. It was so cute and her name was nyla. I thought about you as soon as I saw her" 
"Aw!" Hye-Ji exclaimed "did you take pictures?"
"Yeah" she chuckled "I'll send them to you"
"Please do" the young girl smiled "so, how are you? I felt like we've been speaking about me this whole time"
Sakura breathed in "well" she exhaled, a smile in her voice "I got offered a spot in a survival show" she told her
"Oh my God!" Hye-Ji exclaimed "Kura! You have to do it!"
"Wait, I haven't gotten to the best bit yet" she said, Hye-Ji sat up "it's in Korea" she announced. The girl stayed quiet but broke into the biggest smile ever "Hye-Ji?" She asked when Hye-Ji didn't respond.
"Are you being serious?" She asked with wide eyes
"Yeah" Sakura smiled
"You have to say yes" she exclaimed "you HAVE to!"
"I already did" Sakura chuckled, amused by the girls enthusiasm. The main reason Sakura agreed to join was because she'd be closer to the girl.
"AH!" Hye-ji exclaimed "when are you coming?"
"Next month" she answered
Hye-ji had never been so happy in her entire life "oh my God!" She beamed "I can't tell you how happy I am, Kura! You're coming to Korea!"
"I am" she laughed "we're going to be together again"
"Finally" Hye-Ji smiled, relieved they were going to be reunited. They girls spent the rest of the call planning what they would do together when she came. After the call Hye-Ji told Sakura she would go to Bang Chan and tell him she'd join, and that's what she was going to do.

After the call Hye-Ji made her way to the reception "excuse me" she said as she made her way to the front desk. The lady looked up with a polite smile "can you please tell me which room Bang Chan is in" the woman nodded and typed something into her computer. She told Hye-Ji the dorm number and then asked her what she needed it for. The young girl told her he had asked her something and she finally had an answer. Quickly Hye-Ji walked to his dorm, rehearsing what to say in her head. Once she got to the dorm she stood outside his door and took deep breaths. After a few minutes she knocked on the door. Almost immediately chan opened it "Hye-Ji" he smiled, opening the door further to reveal all the other members
"Hi" she said, waving to everyone "wow all of you are here" she sighed, shuffling from foot to foot "umm well" she exhaled. This was probably the first time she'd ever acted like this in front of people she'd just met "I spoke to the person I said I needed to and.." she said "she said I should join and I trust her more than anyone else. I've know her most of my life and she's always led me the right way , so I'll join"
"Will you really?" Chan asked with wide eyes
"Yeah" she nodded, looking at the other members "is that okay with you guys?"
They all nodded and said yes with big smiles. She smiled back and then suddenly changed hugged her. This was the first time anyone beside her three best friends had hugged her this tightly "You're not going to regret it" he whispered. She nodded and tried to back away from the hug but she couldn't considering now the other seven members had joined in. Despite not knowing any of them she felt loved and safe. She wasn't sure why but it was there and it felt right. She smiled to herself and breathed deeply. These were her members.