Lover's Practice Match

Calli pov: Kiara and I were chatting amongst ourselves; seeing all these battles made us a little battle hungry, but none of these people are really strong enough to fight us, and since Amelia is busy, we can't ask for a mythic battle...

"Calli, let's fight one another!!!" Kiara said

"Really!?" I asked her.

"Yeah, it won't be for real, but after a quick little skirmish for about a minute, anything goes!" She said

"Fine..." I mumbled

"Hold it, you're going to fight!?" Nerissa said

"Only for about a minute, they'll be fine." Reine claimed

That's right Kiara and I are only going at it for a minute; that is going to be all.

I summoned Ricky and spun him around, preparing for battle. Im not going to hurt her with Ricky, however, just shallowly cut her at most.

"Ready?" Kiara asked

"Sure..." I sighed

Kiara blitzed me in a ball of fire. She launched past me and stared back at me. "I'm fast, right?" She asked

I gulped as I saw the sure speed displayed. I could barely keep up, but I have to adjust to what I just saw right there. Will I be able to do that? However, it depends on how I fair

I swung Ricky only for it to be parried, and then I was attacked, but I backflipped to dodge the attack.

"Nice agility!" Kiara laughed

"Thank you!" I replied

"Calli, remember, we aren't holding back!" Kiara said

This means she can hit me as hard as she can or as violently as she can, but we will stop if the other says the safe word, which is frog.

I ran at her, swinging my scythe, and she immediately blocked my attack with her blade before switching her blade to her other hand and cutting through my right leg with ease. I lost balance and fell to the ground. My wound began to heal, and she stopped before severing my leg. I used pressure to make her jump back, and as she did, I lunged forward and attacked Ricky, but she ducked under my scythe, so I immediately anchored my foot into the ground and turned my foot so I could face her before lunging again, but I missed yet again.

"Shit..." I growled

"Calli, let me show you how strong I am!" Kiara yelled

"No," Kiara said.

She slammed fire into me, and I was engulfed by the flames. "Fuuuuuuuck!!!" I yelled

I realized something: death actually makes me stronger. If I can experience it or come close to it, I can become stronger. I have to become stronger, and then I will be able to match her speed. I let the fire burn me, but then I put it out.

"Let's begin..." I muttered

"Let's!!" She laughed

I stood there silently while sizing her up-we should be about even now. I decided I wasn't going to fight her like a crazed woman or do my usual style.

Kiara launched at me and slashed at me, but I dodged her slash and the fire that came with it.

"Oh, you got faster," she mentioned.

"Yeah," I commented.

She lunged forward, jabbing her right hand at me, trying to stab me, so I sidestepped to the left and dodged it.

"Too slow," I said.

"You seem to have gotten stronger. Is that what happens when you experience the thing you give out?" Kiara asked

"Correct?" I stated

I rushed towards her, spinning around my scythe and swinging it at her. "Blocked." I sighed

"You almost got me; you just did a movement that was too straightforward!!" She said

I spat on the ground as I swung Ricky at her; she barely dove under it.

"Calli, you almost cut my head off!!" Kiara hissed

I lunged at the phenoix and spun Ricky around like a helicopter blade. She put her shield up diagonally in response and completely blocked the attack as sparks flew. I rebounded and swung Ricky low, barely grazing Kiara.

"Oh blood?" She said this as she quickly healed.

"Tsk, you are too fast." I commented

"I try to be!" She giggled

I clutched Ricky and jumped into the air, spinning around and swinging towards her head once again. She ducked, barely dodging it.

"Stop ducking!!" I yelled

I landed on the ground and swung again and again. This time I managed to push her back much to her shock. She backed into the wall. I slashed at the wall, and she dodged, which is what I wanted as it collapsed onto her, but she jumped out in a big firey explosion.

"Calli, is that the best you have?" She asked

I looked at Bae, and she looked back at me. "Why are you looking at me?" Bae asked

"Because of this!" I yelled as I grabbed her and threw her at Kiara.

"Eeeeeek!" Bae screeched as she hurdled towards Kiara at a fast speed.

Kiara went to dodge Bae, so I went around the other side and placed Ricky around her neck, pinning her down.

"I win..." I said

Kiara laughed at that statement, which confused me in that moment, but quickly showed me why she could laugh at that moment as she blasted me with fire and sent me flying away from her at a fast pace. I landed on my feet, but still, the pushback was insane. She is too strong for her own good.

"Let's end it here!" She said

She is acting like she couldn't have just ended me right here, and now she really could have. If we were enemies, I would be cooked.

"Good job, Kiara!!" Mumei stated

"Now all that is left is Ame, right!?" Gura asked Mumei

"Oh, sure," she said.

"What is Amelia doing?" Kiara asked

"Oh, fixing time, don't worry about it!" Mumei explained

"That sounds like something we should be worried about; time is important to life, you know." Kiara said

"Thag is true," Mumei laughed.

I nodded, but I hope she can do what she needs to do.