Chapter 1

Freya Dean

6 years later

    I can't hear anything, my heartbeat thumping too loudly from compensating for all the blood I'm losing. My eyes blurred over from the excruciating pain, my teeth clenched and making it more painful than it already is, refusing to show an ounce of pain to the monster causing this.

    *Crack* "27" *Crack* "28" *Crack* "29" *Crack* "30."

"I'm impressed, Omega. Not even grown men stay conscious, you've got spunk but soon It'll be gone. I hope you've learned your lesson. Now clean this shit up!" Alpha Damon said, gripping my chin to force me to look at him. My wolf couldn't stand our Alpha, and I couldn't blame her. She growled lowly at him and spat blood onto his face, earning a punch to the eye before he walked out of the torture cell. I was used to this, pain didn't bother me anymore after 6 years of abuse. Whenever Damon was upset I was the punching bag for him to release tension. I've only disobeyed him twice in the 6 years, but others in the pack house break things and blame it on me, sadistic freaks.

I stood and went about my chores, cleaning the cement room of any spec of my blood and sweat, then went to my room, if you could even call the attic a room, to change into a different outfit.

'We need to get out of here, Freya. This isn't how our life is supposed to be...'

'I know, A, I've been trying to figure out the best route to get out. I'm not even worried about being a rogue, I'm worried about somebody catching us, we'll never get out of here if they do.' I sigh, slouching down on the bed, enjoying the cold metal frame on my back. I've done all my chores today, I always wake up around three in the morning so I can get most of it done before anybody is awake to make more messes. I decide to sleep for the remainder of the day so I can get up early and do it all again tomorrow. Daylight pours through the small porthole, meaning I have about 8 hours to sleep, and that is the only thing I am grateful for at the moment.

Hearing a soft knocking on my door, I open my eyes and look out the window, it must be close to midnight or later. I stretch before walking towards the door.

"Hi, Jackson. What can I do for you?"

"Come, the Alpha and Beta have gone to another territory for business, and the Luna is asleep. I have something to discuss, and you can have a quick visit with your mom and brother." He handed me a stack of clothes and a chain necklace, enchanted to not rip clothing and to hide my scent so nobody gets suspicious of my scent around the grounds. I change into thick black leggings, a black thermal long-sleeve, and a coffee-colored sweatshirt, then head out the door, following him. I enjoy the times Jackson is around, I don't have to worry about being so formal, won't be told to clean things, and most importantly, won't be punished.

"Thank you for all the kindness you've shown me over the years, Jackson. If you didn't do this, I for sure would have lost Artemis by now."

"It's nothing, Firegirl. Alpha Damon has turned into a cruel man, and you never deserved that at such a young age. Let's not get all sappy, we have things to do." He glanced over at me, a lot of things have changed since the day Gamma Jackson saved my life, I've grown to be taller than most of the women in the pack, about 5'11 if I had to guess. I'm stronger than the weak girl who got beat and cried about it, I never show weakness, and I don't trust anybody but my brother, Jackson, and my childhood best friend, Sayge. My mother has been missing and presumed dead for 4 years now, and I've given up hope of her being around.

Sighing, I walk in to find the house quiet, crickets chirping. River must be asleep, as it's already past midnight. I go up the stairs and into my brother's room, knocking on the door to wake him up. I would walk in, but I don't want to know what my older brother does behind closed doors.