𝟢.𝟦

(I can feel sympathy for Mai, but that won't change the fact that she was way out of line for spouting that 💩 about Itadori)

L/n Y/n wasn't supposed to attend Jujutsu High.

The plan was for her to learn from both of her grandparents before moving to Hokkaido permanently when she turned fifteen, where she would continue to learn from her grandmother and other sorcerers there.

After the mess that occurred almost a year before, in which y/n and her grandmother went to assist in exorcising the obscene amount of curses in Kyoto, y/n was scouted as a potential student.

Her Grandmother was against it, but her Grandfather managed to convince her to let their granddaughter go. It was nice to see them have a civilized conversation and not be at one another's throats for once.

Kyoto. Y/n was supposed to go to Kyoto.
But fate placed her right in Tokyo.

It wasn't any bother to her, switching so suddenly, but the same couldn't be said for the one who had put her on Gakuganji's radar and scouted her in the first place.

"Oh. Todo-san. Sniper Rifle Girl, too."

"You know these two?"

The three first years had been out on an errand run, nothing complicated, but came across some unexpected guests. A pair of faces y/n vaguely recalled from the events at Kyoto a couple months prior.

A really buff scary dude with a scar over the left side of his face, that was Todo. The dude who took out a bunch of curses during the Night Parade of a Hundred Demons. Honestly, it felt like he could solo the thousands of curses there with no problem.

The girl beside him, the one with short hair and a smirk that y/n wasn't very fond of, was... y/n didn't remember. She just remembered her having a super cool sniper rifle.

Y/n shrugged, "Not really."

"What are you doing here, Zenin-senpai?" Fushiguro was the one to ask, Kugisaki giving him a look of surprise.

"Oh, there's another one?" she murmured before giving the second year careful look, "They do seem similar, are they sisters?"

"They're twins." Fushiguro informed her.

"Ah, there's no need to call me that, Fushiguro-kun. You make it seem as though Maki and I are the same." Maki's twin sister hummed, "Call me Mai."

"Ah, so that was your name..." y/n mumbled, "No wonder I couldn't remember. Your name is almost as forgettable as your face."

Mai jolted a bit, her smile becoming strained.
"Ah, it's Hokkaido Girl again..."

"So these are the pinch hitters for Okkotsu and the third years?" Todo questioned, looking down on the trio with an almost disdainful expression.

"So what? You haven't answered the question yet." Kugisaki bit back, her tone short and her brows pinched into a slight frown, "Why are you here?"

'Don't pick a fight, Kugisaki, it won't end well for you two.' y/n thought with a tense smile, 'And it sure as hell won't be much easier for me with Todo here.'

"We came here along with the principal since we were worried about you." Mai replied, her sickeningly sweet tone filled with mock sympathy, "Your classmate died recently, didn't he? Was it painful for you, or did you not even bat an eye?"

Kugisaki's expression soured as she glowered at Mai, clearly unhappy with these audacious questions while Fushiguro's calm disposition trembled briefly.
"What is it that you're trying to say."