❄️ Chapter 8 ❄️

All of the Toads in the mushroom kingdom were evacuating quickly they rushed out of their houses and collected their coins and their personal belongings in their arms as they rushed out of the mushroom city. The Toads were screaming in panic and terror and as they rushed to close their shops, And leave their homes.

One pink Toad tried to pick up a wooden crate of apples, But the heavy weight caused him to fall backwards onto his bum and drop the apples on the ground. He picked up two before a red Toad turned back towards the pink Toad to warn him.

Red Toad: "Just leave it! There's no time!"

The red Toad told him seriously as he ran forward to catch up with the other Toads. The pink Toad sneakily put one of the apples back on the ground as he kept one in his hands before running away with the rest of the Toads. He couldn't abandon perfectly good food and let it go to waste.

Most of the toads have left the city before a large shadow bloomed over the mushroom kingdom. Some fallen items on the ground begin to shake and rumble as they felt something heavy move above them. There was a huge storm cloud with lightning flashing occasionally in the dark clouds with red and orange hues peeking out as Bowser's ship made its way to Peach's castle.

The prince effortlessly flung the palace doors open with both hands with all of his strength as he held a fuming expression on his face while looking at Bowser's volcanic ship come towards his castle

The prince effortlessly flung the palace doors open with both hands with all of his strength as he held a fuming expression on his face while looking at Bowser's volcanic ship come towards his castle. To say that he was mad would be an understatement.

Peach and Toad fearlessly marched forward to the end of the castle as the fiery ship got closer and closer. The large ship causing a shadow to cast over them as Peach's fluffy hair blew in the air from the wind while he held onto his spear tightly in his left hand. Once they got close enough to the ship, Peach stopped dead in his tracks before he slammed the tip of his weapon down on the golden star platform they were standing on.

Toad halted right by his side while he held onto his frying pan as he glared at the ship with Peach doing the same. Leaves were flying in the wind from the storm cloud above them as Bowser's ship lowered itself towards the balcony of Peach's castle.

The thunder got brighter and louder. Toad's eyes widened as he took a small step back. The ship looked bigger up close in his eyes, But Peach was not disturbed in the slightest. He didn't even flinch. His furious glare only darkened even more as he furrowed his eyebrows as his heart pumped in anticipation.

The ship finally got close to the balcony of his castle before the head of the volcano ship slowly opened it mouth causing it to release a heavy amount of gray smoke as a bright orange light emitted out of the mouth. The lower jaw collided with the balcony making it break and release more smoke from the debris. Toad covered his face with his arm to avoid the dust and smoke from getting in his eyes while Peach slightly turned his head away and squinted his eyes as the smoke blew in his face.

Once the smoke cleared up and it was away from his vision, Peach immediately returned his hatred filled gaze back to the ship while straining his posture to make himself look more powerful. Suddenly a whole army of Koopa Troopas marched out of ship with spears in hand. They all started at the two with small glare as they formed a circle around them as one red shelled Koopa stood in front of the left side before they all slammed their spears down in unison.