084.

Eleanor knew something was wrong; knew it. Despite their claimed victory of the end of the soldiers, something was horribly wrong. It was too quiet, too gloomy. Daryl was sad because despite everything, of course he loved Leah. Elle could see it in his face because she had the same look. And Maggie? She looked devastated; scared of something that wasn't white confirmed.

They were packing up foods into the back of a truck which would do amazing for Alexandria, it was full of apples and vegetables; seeds that would be able to replant and grow up the garden again. There was barrels of water, clothes, tools and resources—it was a massive win.

But they all looked sad, defeated.

The one thing that definitely confirmed Eleanor's worries was when Daryl barged past Maggie like she was nothing. Shit. "Daryl-"

He kept walking into another building to loot.

Elle turned and looked at Gabriel who was speaking to Maggie, and then at Negan who was slouched next to a bleeding Elijah. The young man was staring at the weapon that killed Carver; she was happy she could avenge his sisters death.

"I'm gonna go speak to him," Elle admitted, her hand placed to Negan's cheek. "Please don't do anything dumb."

He chuckled, "No promises, Sunshine."

She rolled her eyes and pressed a quick peck to his cheek before chasing after Daryl. She had to turn through rooms and hallways to finally find him, but she froze at his body. He was sat down, arms over his knees, eyes looking down at his knife.

"Daryl?"

"Nah, not today, Eleanor."

Elle scoffed and sat down next to him, shoulders touching, knees too. "Don't call me Eleanor, you prick." She nudged him slightly. "I know you don't mean it."

He sighed, "I kno'."

"Wanna talk about it?"

Daryl pulled his eyes away from his knife and leant back against the wall, his hands falling to his lap. "Not yet."

"Alright," She flashed a smile and leant back with him. "I'll talk then."

"Please don't-"

"Oh, shut up." She laughed, but he didn't. It was a win though because his gloomy face was replaced with a smirk. "You're one of them."

"What?"

"The dark and broody who probably watched soap operas on the telly-"

"What?"

Elle snickered. "Oh, come on. You definitely only cry at the sappy things; 100% the Notebook."

Daryl scoffed and nudged her in the side, shaking his head. "Ya a dick." Elle hollered out a laugh. "Nah, emotions aren't big in the Dixon family." He admitted; progress. "Shit happens so me and Merle would get high and watch-"

"Jackass." The look of shock that she read his mind was unmissable, it made her smile. "Me and Jac did the same. Well, minus the weed shit 'cause we were kids." Then it got quiet, a recognisable silence they both knew of. "I told Negan about Jac." She spoke softly, clutching onto her necklace.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." Elle sighed. "I don't know, I thought he should know."

Daryl frowned and looked down at his feet, sporting the same look as Elle. "' told Leah about me."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." He looked at her, "Thought she should know."

A comfortable silence took over the pair as Elle rolled her head against his shoulder, her eyes closed as she breathed through her nose. Daryl wasn't rigid, he loved the comfort. It was rare before but then when things get shit, Elle was there. She was always there.