Chapter 14

"In the silence of remorse, I find comfort in realizing that Reyansh is not a shadow but a light in my uncertain present. Between the forced compromise and his genuine protection, the burden of guilt leaves my heart in a delicate dance of contradiction."

                                                                                                                                   ~ Shivani 

                                                                *******

In the soft light of my room, I sat, lost in thoughts revolving around the strange turns my life had taken. Distant memories of  what ever is happening like my contract marriage, Reyansh trying to be nice , Rohan Bhai's past actions cast a shadow over my otherwise composed demeanor. Little did I know that a storm would come shattering the fragile peace I was trying to build.

The door burst open, and Rohan Bhai walked in, his eyes filled with anger. His distorted appearance reflected the turmoil within. "Shivani, how did you agree to marry that Reyansh? Have you lost your mind?"

My heart pounded in my chest as I faced Rohan Bhai's anger. The harsh light drew lines of tension across his face, his eyes filled with a mixture of worry and despair. "Rohan bhai , calm down. This is my decision and its my life , I can do what ever I want and marry whoever I want."

But he would not be quiet. His voice rose, and he stepped forward menacingly, shadows playing across his face. " I won't let that happen! Shivani, you are mine!!"

The room seemed to shrink around me, its soft colors contrasting with the intensity of the situation. Panic set in, and I felt the walls closing in, memories of our past confrontation adding to my fear.

Suddenly, the atmosphere shifted. The door opened again, but this time it wasn't Rohan Bhai who walked in. It was Reyansh, an unexpected savior. His entrance was a study in contrasts – the controlled power in his stride and the sharp lines of his jaw softened by a hint of concern in his eyes.

"What's going on here?" Reyansh demanded, his eyes narrowing as he assessed the tense situation. His presence added an air of calm to the storm that had brewed.

Rohan Bhai , momentarily taken aback, found himself facing Reyansh's unyielding presence. "Stay out of this, Reyansh. This is a family matter."

Reyansh's gaze remained unwavering, the cool confidence in his eyes a stark contrast to Rohan's heated anger. "She's my fiancée. Anything concerning her is my concern."

A tense silence enveloped the room, the interplay of emotions etched on their faces. Then, Rohan Bhai, sensing the shift in power, decided to retreat, shooting me one last venomous look before storming out. The door closed behind him, leaving behind an echo of tension.

Once the door closed, I let out a shaky breath I hadn't realized I was holding. Reyansh approached me, his eyes softening with concern. The soft lighting played on the angles of his face, emphasizing the strength that lay beneath. "Are you okay, Shivani?"

I nodded, grateful for his timely intervention. "Thank you for coming."

Reyansh's touch was gentle as he brushed a strand of hair from my face. The warmth of his fingers against my skin felt like a lifeline, grounding me in the midst of the emotional tempests. "Main Kisi ko tumhe nukasaan nahi pahunchaane doonga ,Shivani. Main vaada karata hoon."