¹². ᴺᵒʷ ᴼᵖᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᴱʸᵉˢ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 || 𝘕𝘰𝘸 𝘖𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘌𝘺𝘦𝘴

"THIS WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN WHERE I WOULD'VE TAKEN YOU FOR A TRIP."

Wanda looked up from her tea to Carter. The man was lounging back in a chair on the other side of the table of the cafe establishment they were using for recon. Sunglasses blocked out the sun, but she could just tell he was staring at her contently. A certainly more natural occurrence that she didn't mind. Having his full attention made her the center of his universe and that was enough for her.

Grabbing her spoon to stir the contents in her cup, she smiled. "Where then?"

He exhaled heavily, glancing around with a particle of interest in his heart. "Norway. Maybe England," he answered. "Preferably not for Avengers purposes." He smiled, earning one in return as Wanda bowed her head.

Lagos wasn't as terrible as Carter was making it out to be. But Wanda dumped it down to him being upset that he was brought along because Steve needed him for the mission. And despite him still being at the Avengers facility, providing direct assistance to Vision, they dragged him from his lab to accompany them on the mission.

For months, Brock Rumlow, ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, ex-STRIKE Force team leader, and ex-HYDRA soldier had been making hits all across the world. It'd been enough to warrant the Avenger's attention in tracking him down and finding out what he was going to do next. And now they found themselves in Nigeria with Rumlow's main target being a police station.

"Cut the chatter," Steve ordered over the coms, making Carter roll his eyes in annoyance. Wanda sipped her tea, glancing behind her, absorbing her surroundings carefully before facing Carter once again. "What do you see?"