Chapter 17

As the ships were docked along the shore, the children of Naath danced and played in the forest, bidding a joyful farewell to their old home. Both young and old villagers began gathering the necessary resources for their upcoming journey, relying on Bahamut's provided estimates.

The slaves who had been taken from the pirate ships were in awe of Bahamut's incredible abilities. His immense size and power left them speechless and terrified. Bahamut offered them their freedom in exchange for assistance in reaching Qarth, as they could provide valuable directions and help operate the ships, even though Bahamut could use his magic to move the vessels swiftly in the desired direction.

In just a week, the ships were fully prepared for their voyage, and with a powerful roar, Bahamut took to the sky, followed by the other four dragons. The ships began moving in the direction set by Bahamut and the other dragons, powered by Bahamut's magic, which allowed them to travel much faster than regular sailing ships.

During the journey, many of the Naathi people struggled with sea sickness. More than two months passed without any major disruptions until they reached the Straits of Qarth. At this point, there was a toll that every passing ship needed to pay. Bahamut, in his frugal nature, used his magic to lift all the ships into the sky, creating a protective barrier to prevent sailors or travelers from falling off the ships. In the cover of night, they bypassed Qarth without anyone noticing their presence.

When everyone woke up, including Bahamut who had put himself to sleep to avoid frightening them with the sight of the ships floating in the air, they were greeted by the breathtaking beauty of the Jade Sea. The shores sparkled like jade itself, and the ships had already reached the shore, making it easier for them to unload their travel resources.

Instead of flying, Bahamut decided to walk alongside the Naathi people, using his limbs. The former slaves, now free men, still chose to follow the Naathi people and their great elder dragon, while the young dragons continued to soar in the sky. Bahamut's imposing presence, towering over the trees, served as a deterrent to wild animals and bandits, ensuring the safety of the Naathi people during their journey.

As they continued their journey through the land, the native people of Yi Ti if catch a glimpse of Bahamut's presence and flee in terror. Despite their fear, Bahamut managed to capture one person without harming them, a lone traveler. From this traveler, Bahamut learned their language and the location of the Yin city. With a sense of embarrassment, Bahamut altered their route based on this new information. What they didn't realize was that the capital city, Yin, was a port city, and they had unknowingly bypassed it.

So, on this part of their journey, they traveled closer to the shore, taking in the ever-changing landscape. They saw windswept plains, rolling hills, dense jungles, lush rainforests, deep lakes, and swiftly flowing rivers. The shifting vistas held their fascination.

Bahamut, feeling a bit bored, took to the sky to get a better view of their progress. From high above, he spotted the City of Yin. He couldn't help but draw parallels between Yi Ti and Imperial China from his previous life, almost as if he had stepped into the world of xianxia. The cities in Yi Ti were grand and vast, surpassing anything he had seen in Westeros, even its ruins were more magnificent than the great cities of the Westeros. Yi Ti was a vast and stunning land, much of it covered by dense forests and sweltering jungles. Yet, travel within this empire was efficient and secure thanks to a vast network of well-constructed stone roads, which both the Naathi people and Bahamut found to be a marvel.