DÁKITI

Shadow

A week had drifted away, but Kazuya couldn't escape the weight of a sigh that seemed to seep out like air from a deflated balloon.

"But that's the crux of it, isn't it? This entire predicament... it's all about foolishness, isn't it? You, a blazing meteor demanding my complete attention; Chizuru, a flickering candle I pledged to shield; and me, ensnared in the crossfire, a moth irresistibly drawn to both flames, destined to be scorched by one or the other."

Ruka, in Kazuya's perception, stood like a statuesque figure, her silence more impenetrable than Tokyo's smog. The ticking of the clock resounded like hammer blows in the air, guilt tightening Kazuya's stomach into a knot tighter than a sailor's rope.

"Look, I'm not seeking forgiveness, not truly," he continued, his words emerging hoarsely.

"Just... understanding. You know the feeling, chasing a dream, burning so brightly that everything else fades away. Yet... yet you also need someone to hold your hand when the embers wane, someone to remind you why you ignited the flame in the first place."

Reading the diary, a tear trickled down Ruka's cheek, a lone pearl etching a shimmering trail through the moonlit dust on her skin. The dam had burst, emotions flowing like a monsoon. Relief, anger, hurt—all converged in a torrent that threatened to engulf them both.

"So who am I in this, Kazuya?" she choked out, her voice raw. "The meteor you pursue but never capture, the flickering candle you keep in the shadows, just in case the sun burns out?"

"This is it. It's ENOUGH!  We stay friends from this point, thank YOU!"

He reached out tentatively, a hesitant hand hovering near her shoulder, only to retract it like a scalded cat. Words collided in his mind, eager to bridge the chasm between them, yet none seemed adequate.

Ruka Sarashina, the Lapis Lazuli girl, is officially nothing more than a shadow for Kazuya Kinoshita's relationship with Chizuru Mizuhara.

The once-silent moon above now felt like a spotlight, casting light on the tangled wreckage of their "trial run." As Ruka's sobs transformed into shaky breaths, Kazuya sensed the verdict. This birthday, this script, this mess—it wasn't merely a forgotten day; it was a love story rewritten, its final chapter tainted with regret and the bitter ink of unfulfilled promises.

Their "trial relationship" melody transformed into a mournful dirge, echoing through Tokyo's streets.

Ruka's tears merged with Tokyo's moonlight as shadows detached. Not far Shinichi and Hana witnessed the meteor colliding with the candle, leaving a smoldering crater of truths.

"Bloody hell, what a carnage it was. So, Kazuya officially moved on from Ruka, huh?" Shinichi sighed.

"Yep, darl; showtime for Kiri," Hana nodded.

Melodies of Love by the Udon Broth

In the electric glow of Tokyo's neon tapestry, a different narrative unfolded, far from Kazuya's romantic entanglements. Shinichi and Hana, their love appearing flawless, waltzed on the edge of unspoken uncertainties not long after seeing the kerfuffle belonged to none other than Kazuya Kinoshita.

Shinichi, the Edogawa Conan "enthusiast", sought mystery but found himself entangled in the riddle held within Hana's embrace. Hana, a vivacious firecracker, concealed insecurities beneath her contagious laughter. Their love, like an unfolding rose, held thorns yet to reveal themselves.

They sought refuge in Chachamaru, Akihiro Asai's Viennese coffee haven, overseen by Ami's eccentric uncle. Ami, astute as ever, perceived the fractures in their facade. Akemi, Akihiro's wife and heart-reader extraordinaire, detected echoes of Kyoko Otonashi and Yusaku Godai's tumultuous past in their eyes.

"There's a ghost haunting your love, Hana," Akemi declared, her eyes gleaming like a well-seasoned broth. "A phantom whisper of doubt, holding you back from fully stepping into the sunshine."

Hana's smile faltered briefly, affirming a kernel of truth in Akemi's words. It was the specter of Kazuya, a lingering affection for the boy who once clasped her hand beneath cherry blossoms. It was the fear of hurting Shinichi, the anchor who steadied her after life's storms.

Shinichi, not without fault, saw in Hana's every glance a hidden desire for another beneath his Edogawa Conan vigilance. His insecurities, like tendrils of smoke, threatened their budding love.

On a moonlit night, as the scent of Viennese coffee lingered, they encountered their parents, Shiro Sakurai and Fujio Uzaki, engaged in a double date with their wives and daughters, Yanagi Uzaki and Nodoka Sakurai. Time etched lines on their faces, but their banter crackled with the spark of enduring friendship, a stark contrast to Shinichi and Hana's fragility.

Yet, love persists. Love triumphs. 

"Love is a drag, love is a burden, and love means no score," wrote Akihiro to the young couple.

"Yet, love sometimes meant winning massively. Like the Chiba Lotte Marines defeating the Hanshin Tigers in the 2005 Nippon Series."

Now, the mothers, Tsuki Uzaki and Haruko Sakurai, stepped forward.

"Love, in its purest form," Tsuki chuckled, eyes twinkling beneath slightly wrinkled lids, "is like the udon broth Shinichi always made in my house."

"Hana-chan, the udon Edo-chan always made in your homes is constant. Rich in flavors, yes, but its strength lies in the perfect balance of ingredients. Too much heat, it burns. Too much sweetness, it cloys," added Haruko, one of the two namesakes for the Uzaki's firstborn.

The parents' words hung in the air, an epiphany for the young couple. Shinichi realized the need to trust, to release his grip and let Hana flourish in her own sunlight. Hana, in turn, understood the necessity to confront her past, banish the lingering ghost of Kazuya's constant bickering of his own love live, and embrace the present with unwavering commitment.

Alongside the keen-eyed Ami, the little sisters knew that something big is brewing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------