Chapter 10 - Nightmares

Loki teleported into her room. Rude, he knew. However, he doubted if Meg was being stabbed by an intruder it would've been considered as such.

Fortunately, she wasn't getting stabbed or attacked. It was a nightmare. Loki would've been far more relieved however if Meg wasn't surrounded by the green glow of seidr.

He took a sharp breath in then reached forward to shake her.

"Meg. Wake up!"

Her eyes shot open she let out another scream. Her hands went towards Loki's face, bent into claws.

"Stay away from him! No! Go away!" She screamed.

Loki caught her hands before she could actually do any damage. She was strong. Very strong. He'd known that already, but it wasn't like they'd arm-wrestled before. This was oddly akin to that.

"Meg," Loki said voice loud but calm. "Meg."

Her hands relaxed and her eyes focused on him. She looked terrified.

"Loki. The purple guy. Peter was trying to pull a gold glove off him. He threw Peter." Her eyes were still frantic and the glow of seidr remained around her.

"Let me see," Loki said.

"What?"

"You're using seidr Meg. Whatever you saw may come true. I need to see it."

"What?" Meg's breath was sharp.

"Meg," Loki said calmly, releasing her hands. "You had a vision."

"Like people on mushrooms?" Meg whispered with a shaky voice.

"What?" Loki furrowed his brows and frowned, "No! Like a prophetic vision."

"Prophetic vision?" Meg squeaked like a mouse.

"I need you to let me into your mind so that I can see it-" Loki sighed. The green aura faded.

Meg went limp. Loki caught her before her head hit the wall behind her. He set her down gently and waited a few minutes.

Her eyes fluttered open, saw him, and turned hard, "Get out."

"So you don't remember." Loki said flatly, "Wonderful."

Meg's eyes widened and she looked down, examined herself, and sighed in relief.

Loki looked at her in shock. "You don't seriously think I would do that? I would never."

Meg set her mouth into a thin line. "Then tell me what you meant."

"I meant that you saw a prophetic vision."

She breathed in sharply, "Holy shit. That was real? It thought it was a dream in a dream."

"That's normal."

Her mouth set into a hard line, "I don't forgive you and I won't take back what I said."

With that placed her hands on his side and shoved him off the bed.

Loki landed on the floor less than gracefully and bit back a rude comment.

"Get out." She said, turned towards the wall, buried herself in her covers, and let out a huff.

Loki closed his eyes and let his head fall back on her bed.

"Meg. I'll tell you everything." Loki didn't turn back to face her.

There was a pause. Loki didn't open his eyes until her hair brushed his face.

She was staring at him from above him. "Tell me."