MONSTER WITHIN

"Jiho. You're back from school." His mom smiled at him while having some tea.

         "Yes. Shouldn't you be at the office?" Jiho took a seat across from her taking a sandwich from the plate.

        "Today's personal leave for me."

       "Are you sure that won't give the employees a bad impression about you?" He joked ,"if the CEO is taking personal leaves."

        His mom chuckled , "they'll understand. How's school going anyway. I feel we don't talk much any more."

            Jiho smiled , "school's just fine."

      "Are you still dating chairman's Woo's granddaughter , Vanessa. I haven't seen her around."

            Jiho accepted the soda one of the servants served him , "Vanessa and I broke up."

        His mother looked relived , "thank goodness. I didn't like her. I hated that french accent of hers."

            Jiho laughed at her reaction , talking with his mom whenever they had a chance was always something he enjoyed. She maybe a CEO and powerful business woman in the corporate world and mother but when they talked , it felt like he was just chatting with a friend.

             "So are you seeing anyone? Is there a special girl?" She asked sipping on her tea.

              "At the moment no ...," Jiho stopped talking when he saw his mom swallowing some pills. "Is that why you didn't go to work? Are you sick?" He asked her seriously.

   His mother gave him a reassuring smile , "Relax. My blood pressure rose recently because of work and my doctor advised me to rest so it calms down."

            "I wish I was old enough to take over the company." He said from early on , jiho had withnessed how his mother toiled day and night to run the empire his father started.

         "You don't want my position. You're still young , first live and enjoy yourself. When you're older , then you can talk to me about  taking over."

                  Jiho frowned , he was currently sixteen , "and when will that be?"

           "Like I said , the conversation will take place when you're older. For now ,enjoy your youth Jiho."  She gave him a serious look sliently asking the topic be dropped.

                   Jiho didn't argue , so he decided to bring up something, "your birthday is next month. " He looked at her excitedly , "let's go somewhere abroad please."

           "You still have school." She reminded him , "however, since your birthday takes place when school is closed , we can go anywhere you want. Any country you wish.'

   Jiho's frown turned upside down , "anywhere?"

          "Anywhere."

         Jiho smiled and pressed a kiss against his mom's cheek , "thank you! Best mom ever!" His mom chuckled and he smiled embracing her tight.

         "Hyung. Are you awake."

        Jiho heard a small voice call out to him , he slowly opened his eyes  about to curse at the interuption of the dream memory  but stopped his tongue when he saw a little boy in front of his face.