7

It was a soft kiss. A soft and short one. But it was so full of meaning.

I felt our lips pressed against each other. When I leaned my face backward breaking the kiss, Caelum was looking sternly back at me. His eyebrows are slightly furrowed. Uh-oh! Is he mad?

I waited for his reaction. But when I thought he was going to get mad or scold me, the next thing he did was something that I wasn't expecting.

Calum slammed his lips against mine, gripping the back of my neck. To say that I was surprised was an understatement. I was dumbstruck.

He was kissing me. Caelum, my best friend, was kissing me.

What does this mean? Does he like me too?

I hadn't even wrapped my thoughts in my head yet when he made the kiss deeper. I couldn't resist but allow my lips to move in sync together with his. He was kissing me passionately. It was completely different from the one I did earlier. It was wild, rough, and so full of desire.

I felt his long fingers tangle through my hair. I shivered as waves of electricity and heat embraced my body. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, pulling him even closer to me. He sucked on my lower lip eagerly, stealing a sigh from me. He took the opportunity to slide his tongue inside my mouth.

This guy! He's driving me crazy.

The kiss became more urgent and passionate, our breaths becoming heavier. We were in heat. And aroused. I could feel my entire body tingling from the sensation. My hormones were raging and the feeling was addicting.

Damn! I wanted him to touch me down there.

He slid one of his hands inside my shirt, reaching for my chest. I couldn't help but let out a soft moan. "Cae."

"Sky Romain!"

I heard a familiar voice shout from across the room, breaking the kiss between Caelum and me. We turned our heads to where the voice was coming from.

And there, they stood.

My Pa with a fuming look on his face.

And my Ma standing beside him, covering her mouth in shock.

Everything else happened so fast. My Pa rushed into Caelum, jolting him away from me. Caelum flew to the other side of the couch and Pa straddled him, throwing a strong and hard punch on his face.

"Pa! No!" I shouted, trying to stop him and pull him away from Caelum but he was too strong. He continued throwing punches at Caelum and Caelum was attempting to block all of them.

"What did you do to my son?! You prick!"

"Arman!" my Ma rushed into us, also trying to stop Pa from assaulting Caelum but she just got pushed away by him.

"Pa, stop!" I tried to pull his shoulders to stop him. "Pa!"

That's when it hit me.

My Pa's hard fist hit my face.

He smacked me.

"Arman! Stop!" my Ma shrieked, wrapping her arms around Pa's shoulders to finally stop him from doing anything further. "Stop! It's your son! It's your son."

Pa seemed to have calmed down a little bit. He turned his head to look at Caelum again. Sharply. "Get out of my house!"

Caelum looked at me for the last time with sadness, confusion, and pain in his eyes before he stood up and left. The room fell deadly silent on his departure. My Pa looked at me furiously and my Ma stood beside him with a concerned look on her face. And I stood in front of them with my eyes set on the floor, waiting for them to speak a word.