Chapter Seven

Mattheo's pov

I get changed into my quidditch clothes and we all head to the quidditch pitch. I wait outside the tents for everyone else to get changed and when they're ready we walk to the centre of the pitch.

"Okay, so Theodore and I will try and score on you and you just have to block it. Easy," Elara tells me smiling devilishly.

I nod and get on my broom. I lift myself to the goals posts and Nott and Elara do the same. Draco goes to the goalpost opposite of me. Zabini and Berkshire fill in for chasers on my team. Pansy and Astoria who clearly don't play quidditch get on their brooms and lift themselves to where they're level with us.

"Okay," Astoria yells at us, "Team Draco vs. Team Mattheo. The first team to make ten goals wins."

Everyone nods in agreement, then Pansy uses her wand to make the quaffle shoot up in the air. The chasers don't move until the quaffle starts heading back down.

When it does, the four of them take off. Theodore goes straight toward my goal while Elara goes up for the ball. Enzo also goes for the ball while Blaise stays put waiting for Enzo to get the ball. Elara wins the ball and tosses it to Nott, then flies down horizontally to Nott as they both come speeding toward me.

When they are inches from my goal Nott toses the quaffle to Elara and she shoots and scores. She looks at me and smiles.

"I just need to warm up, that won't happen again," I tell her.

She just smiles and flies away. The next time they have the quaffle, Nott shoots and I block it. I then pass the ball to Blaise and he takes it to Draco's goal. He shoots and scores. It's now 1 - 1.

The ball is back in Elara's possession and both she and Nott are heading toward my goal.

"Nott! 17!" Elara yells to him.

I have no idea what that means but Nott does. He nods and then Elara passes him the ball. Elara then goes lower under Nott and he drops the ball to her. Nott slides to the left and Elara tosses him the ball again. They pass the ball another 12 different times before ever reaching me. When they are close enough to score Nott passes the ball to Elara and I get ready for her to shoot but she doesn't. She flies higher and drops the ball to Nott who lifts his arm as if he's going to shoot. I get ready but then he throws the ball backward to Elara again. Elara flew the other way but turned back around toward me and when Nott passed her the ball she didn't catch it. She turned her broom as fast as possible which made the ball hit the bottom of her broom and fly into the goalpost next to me.

I look at her astonished. Now I know what 17 means. They passed the ball 17 times to try and confuse me. And it worked. it was now 1-2.

We played for another two hours. I blocked a lot of Nott and Elara's goals but two hours later it was 9-6 with them in the lead. They only needed one more goal.

We had just scored so the ball was back in their possession. Nott had the ball and he and Elara were speeding toward me once again.

"Sprinter!" Nott shouts at Elara.

Another code word, great. Elara speeds up and she's like the flash. In seconds she's only a few yards from me. Nott tosses the ball up in the air and swings his broom around to have the ball hit the broom and fly toward Elara. She catches it still moving toward me and throws it into the goal as she flies over it. They won.

"Yay!" Pansy and Astoria cheer.

"Were you rooting for them the whole time?" Draco asks flying over to them.

"Obviously. We'll always root for Ara, she's our girl." Pansy tells him.

We all lower to the ground and dismount our brooms. Then Elara and Nott walk over to me. They stand in front of me. With them standing next to each other I can't help but notice their height difference. Nott is probably 5'11 maybe 6 foot but Elara is much smaller, most likely 5'2. I laugh a bit at the height difference which makes Nott and Elara look at me funny.

"What?" Nott asks me.

"Nothing just your height difference," I tell them.

Elara frowns.

"How tall even are you?" I ask Elara.

"5'3," she tells me, glaring.

I laugh. She walks up and hits me. I'm 5'9 so the height difference between Elara and I isn't as dramatic, or at least it doesn't feel like it. Elara is a good height compared to mine.

"Anyway, after evaluating your skills we can come to an agreement," Nott tells me.

"Welcome to the team Riddle," Elara tells me, smiling.

"Sweet," I say, "When do I get my jersey?"

"Hold on," Nott says.

I look at him confused.

"You need to know a few ground rules first," Nott tells me.

"Rules?" I ask him.

"Yes," he says.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Well number one, respect. Elara and I are the captains so you listen to us no matter what," he tells me.

"Correction, I'm the captain, he's co-captain," Elara says.

"That's beside the point," Nott says.

I scoff and smile.

"Anyway," Elara says, "I only care about one rule, don't be late to games or practices,"

I nod.

"So what about my jersey?" I ask them.

"Right, Elara can show you," Nott tells me.

"Why me, curfew is in 10 minutes. I was already late today," Elara says looking at Nott.

"Because you're captain," Nott tells her, smiling and running off with the others.

"You'll all be running laps tomorrow!" Elara shouts at them.

I laugh quietly. She then turns around and looks at me.

"This way," she says sighing.

I follow her to the tents where the changing rooms and lockers are. We head to the back of the tent where they keep all their stuff. There are extra brooms, practice clothes, and the jerseys.

"What number do you want?" Elara asks me.

"What number are all you?" I ask her.

"Draco is 7, Blaise is 2, Theodore is 14, Enzo is 12, Goyle is 11, and I'm 27," she tells me.

"Why is your number so high?" I ask her.

"It was the day my dad was born. He was also a chaser so I picked 27 for him," Elara told me.

I forget her parents are dead sometimes.

"I'll do 10," I tell her.

She reaches into the cabinet and pulls out the number ten jersey.

"If it doesn't fit we can fix it so it does," she told me.

"Okay," I said.

I then took my shirt off which startled Elara and made her look away.

"What are you doing?" she asks me.

"Trying it on," I tell her.

"I meant for you to try it on later," she says.

"It's faster doing it now," I say pulling the jersey over my head, "How do I look,"

Elara turns around slowly making sure I'm actually dressed and then looks at me.

"Looks good," she tells me.

"Great," I say taking it back off, making her turn around again.

"You know a little warning wouldn't hurt," she tells me.

"I don't mind you looking," I say, putting my other shirt back on.

"I mind," she says.

"You can turn around now," I tell her.

She turns around and looks at me.

"What?" I ask her.

"Nothing. Let's go," she says, walking out of the tent.