chapter 3: The past that unites us

Naruto's life was far from easy. His parents died when he was just a little baby, and his entire childhood was spent moving from one orphanage to another, places that rarely treated young ones well.

Despite his social skills always making him stand out quickly, many caretakers ended up calling him a demon due to his constant pranks. Although he was always scolded, the sight of children laughing gave him the strength to continue, despite the harsh punishments.

Sometimes he was left to his own devices after his pranks, but he didn't blame them. He chose to make jokes to make them happy, without needing to be seen as a hero to be adored.

The only boy who didn't back down was Sasuke. He even helped him with various pranks without being discovered by the orphanage matrons.

Since Sasuke arrived at the orphanage, he showed interest in what Naruto was doing and was the only one who understood why he did it, helping him in his purpose. Naturally, they became friends, and Naruto learned a lot about Sasuke.

It turns out Sasuke's parents died in a car accident when he was 4. His only support at that time was his brother Itachi, who was 11 years old then. However, both were sent to different orphanages a year later and ended up here.

"Is very understandable, but are you sure? Tokyo streets are very dangerous," commented Naruto, touching his chin and questioning his friend's decision.

"No care. Streets are better than staying here. Have everything ready to leave; just wanted you to know," replied Sasuke calmly, both lying on a single bed.

"You know, when saw you come through the door last year, thought 'this guy looks like an emo with a stick stuck deep in his ass,'" said Naruto with joy.

"But?" asked Sasuke.

"No 'but.' If have a stick stuck in your ass, Teme," added Naruto, shrugging.

A vein of anger appeared on Sasuke's forehead.

"How many times told you not to call me that, you damn Dobe!" yelled Sasuke, annoyed.

Naruto laughed, knew how to touch Sasuke's sensitive spots.

"Think spending too much time with Tayuya. Already rubbing off her obscenities," commented Naruto.

"Shut up, trying to sleep!" yelled an angry redhead.

"Shut up, Jūgo!" responded his bed companion.

"Sorry, Suigetsu. Just these idiots not let me sleep," excused himself.

"Already know who wears the pants in the relationship!" shouted a redhead girl.

"Oh! Shut up, Karin!" exclaimed a annoyed Jūgo.

"Go to hell! No moment of peace in this room! Damn the day had to sleep with you all!" yelled an angry Tayuya.

Karin nodded, agreeing with her bed companion.

"Lucky Kimimaro deep sleeper; otherwise, would've given all a beating for waking him up," warned Tayuya.

The four boys trembled at the mention of Kimimaro, the only one not sharing a bed with anyone due to the fear he inspired.

"They say the last guy who slept with him got brutally beaten the next day."

Naruto made some terrifying sounds to scare his bed companion.

"Need more than that to scare me, dobe. Change sides; prefer to be against the wall!" whispered Sasuke.

The bed they shared was next to Kimimaro's, and to make matters worse, he was next to the white-haired boy. Cursed how small the room was, barely space for five beds and almost nothing to walk.