< WOLVES WITHOUT TEETH >

WOLVES WITHOUT TEETH
"Tearing into me without teeth, and you can follow."

"Bloom. Bloom." Bloom tilted her head in the direction of the whispering, Sky behind her his sword raised.

"It's so close." She mumbled looking around aimlessly.

"I still wanna know why you can track these things." Sky scoffed.

"One of the many mysteries of my life I could be solving in the protective embrace of the Barrier—" Heaving breathes interrupted the pair electricity sliding across the ground as the girl came to a stop.

"Bloom!" Sky jolted forward pulling Florence behind him, causing the girl to fall to the ground only held up by Sky's grip on her arm, "Burned one?" She gasped pulled to her feet beside Sky.

"Merlin Florence you're drunk." Sky cursed, Florence wiping the previous tear stains on her face, "You need to—" Sky was interrupted by the roar of a burned one, Florence shakily dropped to her feet crackling electricity coursing through the ground to the burned one.

The burned one dropped for a moment weakened before charging again Sky stopping it from impaling Florence, Bloom thrown back to the ground. Florence dizzily tried to stand to her feet, Sky thrown to the ground by the burned one which pressed forward. It completely missed Florence aiming for Bloom on the way, a cry leaving Florence's lips as its leg impaled in her leg.

"Close your eyes!" Florence's eyes were already squeezed shut in pain as Stella's blinding light filled the forest. Florence opened her eyes flipping herself around to push the burned one away from the girls, Terra securing it with vines.

Bloom stood behind Florence as she aimed her hands at the burned one, fire and water mixing as Aisha joined her. Florence flipped back over, clutching at the bloody appearance of her leg, hearing a sword impale the creature.

"Florence." Sky kneeled in front of the pained girl, inspecting the deep cut in her leg. "Are you alright?" A dry laugh left Florence's lips.

"Fucking hell, does it look like it." She pulled herself up thankfully the alcohol somewhat lessened the pain as Sky helped her to her feet. "It better be worth the trouble I'm in." Florence mumbled to Sky as she looked across to Dowling.

"Let me go Sky! I don't need to be coddled."
Florence shoved the blonde off her again, a smirk from his lips at her attitude the pair nearing the greenhouse.

"Hope you have a killer hangover tomorrow Florence, actually scratch that, you will." He nudged her as the girl continued pacing slowly towards the greenhouse her leg still rather sore.

"Likewise mate, you were drinking too." She clapped a hand on his shoulder cheekily finally the pair walking into the greenhouse.
An irritated Silva stood pacing towards the pair angrily.

"You are an idiot. You both are." He grabbed Sky's collar as Florence placed a hand on her hip breathlessly.

"I know." Sky answered for the pair Florence nodding her head to Silva playfully moving towards Professor Harvey, the man kneeling down to examine the nasty wound on her leg.

"A stupid, impulsive, reckless idiot." Silva cursed at Sky, "Especially you, fighting drunk Florence." She snickered before regretting it Professor Harvey treating her leg, a wince from her lips.

"We know. we know! But is it better? Professor Harvey?" The man treating Florence's leg smiled nodding his head, a relieved sigh leaving Florence's lips.

"Don't smile at him." Silva couldn't stop the smile from his face. "Your dad would've been proud. Good lad." He pet Sky's back separating.

"Now let's look at this leg hey?" Silva shook his head patting Florence's shoulder as he passed. Soon enough Florence's leg was somewhat mended and she could walk with a slight limp.

She dragged her feet along the floor as she walked, one hand running along the wall, the other flicking through her phone stories. Sky had disappeared soon after leaving Florence along to wander her way back to her dorm. Riven's story popped up, Florence hesitantly pressing her finger to view it.

"She... She can go and f*ck a flower." Florence's eyes hardened, she knew they were all fairly intoxicated, but after she'd show her roommates the video, she wasn't sure how long Dane would be conscious for.

A tear rolled down her cheek as the video continued, her phone clicking shut as she watched Riven kiss the pair, her hands dropping to her side. She wasn't really sure why it hurt, she just wished she'd had someone.

She was sick of bothering Musa with her pathetic feelings turning around to walk back the way she came, headed for the specialists grounds. The cold air was refreshing as she walked across the field, pulling herself onto the deck of one of the training platforms.

Electricty crackled along the deck as she squeezed her eyes shut painfully, her bandaged leg throbbing with pain. "She's been talking to you hasn't she?" Florence almost murdered Beatrix, her eyes lighting up.

"You're fucking creepy you know that?" Florence pulled herself off the deck attempting to escape the unwanted conversation. "Besides weren't you just with Riven?" Florence realised a significant amount of time had passed since had left the castle.

"Rosalind's been in your head." Florence froze up turning to face the girl reluctantly, "Don't deny it Florence, she talks to me too." The red headed fairy's tone was soft.

"What's it to you?" Florence sighed, moving back to sit on the deck, Beatrix still opposite to her.

"She can help you, find out the true cause of your mother's death, Florence." Beatrix pleaded, Florence's eyes narrowing.

"My mother died because she was sick, Dowling and Silva wouldn't lie to me. Hell, my father wouldn't have lied to me." Florence laughed dryly, combing her fingers through her hair, a nervous tic she had.

"Florence you have no reason to trust me I know, but I'm telling you Rosalind can get you the answers Dowling has been hiding from you." Florence stood moving closer to Beatrix, a hardened look on her face.

"These answers you talk off Beatrix, I don't seek them. I never have and never will. However my mother died won't change anything." She exhaled sharply, Beatrix somewhat taken back, "Rosalind must be locked away for a reason, I think you should remind yourself that." Florence moved past the girl heading back up to the castle for the night, a small limp in her walk.