Bad Wife

Atleast 15 votes on this chapter and the previous chapter to get a double update next week🤍

“Are you forgetting something?” Yazid asked Badr as they were about to leave, trying to remind him. Badr stared at his father confused before his eyes widened a little in realisation, as he ran and hugged Khizr.

“Jazak Allahu Khayran, Mamu.Assalam alaykum ” Badr greeted him, and Khizr pinched his cheek before he put his on the ground, giving him the chance to run back to his father before tehy made their way out.

“Assalam alaykum, Amalal!” Badr shouted and waved at Amal when he saw her figure in the window.Amal was busy trying to figure something about her future when she heard the familiar voice. Amal waved back at him and smiled at his mispronunciation. Amal hid behind the curtains when she realised she wasn't wearing her niqab before the man next to Badr could look up. Unexpectedly, he didn't look up which surprised Amal but nevertheless she sighed in relief.

What do I do?

Amal tapped her feet on the ground, waiting for the man who was the reason of the two torturous nights she spent in this house. He was the only person who made her hate him in as little as two days and unfortunately, he was also her husband.

Amal didn't know what the third night held for her but, whatever it was, she was not looking forward to it.

After waiting for some time, she decided to lay on the sofa anf sleep. In no time, sleep overtook her.

— - - - -

Amal jolted up, breathing heavily for oxygen, as she felt cold water being splashed at her.Amal was still gasping at the freezing cold water as she stared at the source of the water.

Khizr.

Khizr stood near the sofa with an empty jug in his hand and an evil smirk of his face, which he tried his best to cover with a straight face.

“You're not a good wife, are you? Sleeping without your husband.” Khizr spoke when he saw Amal give him a questioning look.

“Get up and sleep on the bed. With your husband.” Khizr said, with the same cocky smirk. Amal frowned at his words, there's no way she was going to share a bed with him.

“No!” she rebuked, making his smirk fall off and an intimidating aura surrounded him.

“Either, get up or I'll drag you there.”Khizr glared at her.

It would be a lie if she said she wasn't intimidated by his threat, she didn't want to throw herself into harm so she got up and walked towards the closet to change into something else.

“Where are you going? The bed is there.” Khizr asked when he saw her pass the bed.

Amal stopped at her place before answering, “to change, my clothes are wet.”

Khizr was about to say something but thought against it as tiredness overtook him. He walked to the bed and layed down, waiting for the woman. He couldn't possibly go to sleep without his wife, smirking at the thought he waited for some time until he heard the door opening.

Amal came out after intentionally spending longer in the closet, hoping that he would busy himself with something or sleep. A wave of relief followed her when she saw him sleeping on the bed, contemplating whether to sleep next to him or sleep on the Sofa.

She decided on the latter and walked to the sofa but her steps halted when she heard his voice once again, “Can you not listen to simple instructions?”

‘He was awake?’ Amal regretted trying to outsmart him as she walked back to her.She wanted to throw up at the fact she had to sleep with him on the same bed.

“I don't want to,please” Amal spoke, staring at the ground. She stood before the bed fidgeting with her fingers, she didn't know what to hope for. Khizr was unpredictable. If she expected good from him, she's delusional. She knew to expect the worst from him but sleeping one the same bed as him seemed to be more dangerous than any of his tortures. She'd rather sleep in the store room on the cold ground than on a comfortable bed with his presence.

“What?” He questioned with a frown, acting clueless, and sat up on his place.

“I don't want to sleep next to you.” Amal was confused when she heard his chuckle in response, she lifted her gaze to look at him. Khizr was laughing like a maniac sending shivers of fear down her spine.

“If not with your husband, then who do you want to sleep with? Hm?” Khizr spoke in a soft tone, softer than the tone she was used to hearing from him. Amal's heart stopped at his voice, to her, he was sounding like a psychopath!

“You either sleep with me or you suffer consequences. This time, let's spice it up a bit, you'll be locked in a basement with a strange man” Khizr warned with sleepy eyes, the strictness in his voice still present to intimidate anyone.

“Have some shame, you just called me your wife and now you want to put me in a room with a man”Amal tried to express her disgust but it had now effect on Khizr who just stared at her blankly.

“I want you to sleep and let me sleep. If you don't, I will do as I said.I'm giving you ten seconds to decide" Khizr lifted his hand to his mouth to cover his yawn and laid on the bed again, facing Amal. Amal noticed Khizr tapping the empty space infront him, a bunch of emotions overpowered her. Amal, finding no other way, gave up and sat where he was tapping.

“Tomorrow, I don't want any fuss, you should be on the bed or I'll handcuff you to me.” Amal stilled when he heard his small whisper, Khizr wanted to add something but sleep overpowered him, leaving Amal at her own.