𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆. girlfriend, boyfriend

(      darkest before dawn      /      act two      )
❛  GIRLFRIEND  ,  BOYFRIEND 
episode eight  |   stranger things

(      darkest before dawn      /      act two      )  ❛   GIRLFRIEND  ,  BOYFRIEND  ❜episode eight  |   stranger things

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

      AURORA LET OUT A small wail as the chief of police pulled another piece of wood from her leg. Her knuckles turned white as she gripped Mikes hand tighter. The sheet she was lying on was covered with blood, blood that seeped from her leg like a never ending river.

      Her skin was pale, almost transparent from either blood loss or sickness. Mike seemed to look the same, but his eyes hadn't left the bloody mess that was Aurora's leg since they had sat on the small cloth covered table Mrs. Byers had set up in her bedroom.

      "Stop, stop, stop," Aurora cried out pulling her leg from Hoppers grip as he reached the tweezers back to her leg, "please, stop."

      "You're doing so good," Hopper smiled at Aurora, and dropped the tweezers to the side, "Aurora, there's just one piece left, okay? I'm going to pull it out, and that's it. You just have to let me do this."

      Mike kissed the crown of her head, "Darling, you are doing amazing, just one last piece, okay?"

      "No," Aurora cried, and tried to push Hopper away. Her tears falling more and more as she moved her leg. Hopper let out a string of curses.

      Mike swallowed harshly before grabbing Aurora chin to turn her face towards him. Without hesitation, he pressed a kiss to her lips. It moved slow at first, neither of the two knowing what to do, before Aurora smiled against his lips. Fireworks exploded in her stomach as she held on to the side of his cheek. Her mind was spinning, and she couldn't form coherent thoughts as Mike deepened the kiss slightly. Then a throat cleared and Mike pulled away from Aurora like she was on fire.

      "Woah," Hopper pointed between the two of them after dropping the final piece of wood from Auroras leg into the trash, "you're all good kiddo, but I don't want to ever see that again."

      Aurora could feel the fire in her cheeks as Mrs. Byers laughed slightly at her predicament, "well, I think I'll wrap up your leg and then I'll leave you two alone."

      "No," Hopper scoffed, crossing his arms.

      Mrs. Byers smiled as she wrapped the roll of gauze around Aurora's leg, whispering apologies when Aurora hissed at the pressure. "Yes, Hopper. Besides don't you have something to call in?"