|| Volume 1, Chapter 2 || ''Happy Mistakes, Part 2''

Aurora found herself in a situation she'd never been in before. Could she really be happy in a team rather than flying solo like she usually does? Would these new team members slow her down in her pursuits? It's either this or finding a new job. She took her chances. Aurora was in her apartment room, packing all of her things. "I appreciate complimentary housing as much as the next gal, but this is gonna be weird." Aurora thought to herself, as she packed. It's not like she had too terribly much to pack, she was mostly just being slow about it to procrastinate. At last, she finished packing her suitcase filled with the few belongings and clothing items she wanted to take with her. Daniel was already enroute to pick her up and take her to the place. She headed outside to wait on her ride. 

Shortly after, Daniel drove up and Aurora got in. Before taking off, Daniel looked at her with a  smirky grin. "What?" Aurora asked, confused.
"Look who got talked to about her antics, huh? And how many times did I  tell you it was bound to happen?" Daniel said, seeming pretty proud to have an 'I told you so' moment at long last.
"Daniel, just drive or I swear, I'll arrest you." Aurora said with a glare, Daniel chuckling and finally driving to the location. "Hey, cheer up," Daniel said, "maybe it won't be so bad, you know? You gotta look at the bright side. At least now, you'll have others to back your tail if the same thing happens? Besides, it's not every day you just get put in charge immediately. That means Thomas REALLY likes you. And that guy isn't easy to please." he said, trying to cheer Aurora up about the whole situation.
"I appreciate it, Dan, but. I don't know. It's a big change. I was trained as an individual agent, not as a team member. It's gonna take some getting used to." Aurora replied, folding her arms.
"Ah, well. It's better than having to work a boring 9-5, right?" Daniel added, Aurora chuckling.
"Yeah, Dan. I guess I should agree with you there." The rest of the car ride was just small talk, trying to pass the time and look at the situation from a new angle. Until they finally arrived.

Aurora stepped out of the car, looking back at Daniel. "You sure this is it?"
"Yes, this is the place! I know it looks bland, but that's kinda the point. It's supposed to be hidden." Daniel responded, Aurora sighing. "Oh, and when you walk in, you should see my friend, Phil. He's really nice! Say hello for me. Have a good first day, pal!" He waved Aurora goodbye before driving off. "I'll try..." Aurora muttered to herself as she walked in. Walking through the main doors, she soon realized they went all out to make this place look 'bland'. The walls had the most boring pattern and there was really nothing standing out about the design. Ahead of her was the front desk clerk, and standing beside him was Thomas. 
"Aurora, you made it." Thomas said with a smile, Aurora walking over. 
"Yeah- I assume this is Phil?" Aurora asked, the man at the desk looking at her.
"Yep! I guess Daniel already told you about me?" Phil asked, typing on his computer.
"Yeah. He says hi, by the way. Anyways, this is really my new home?" Aurora asked, looking at Thomas. 
"Well, it doesn't HAVE to be, but the other squad members have really made it a nice place to stay. Don't go into it thinking you'll hate it, otherwise you will." Thomas responded, opening the door behind him, "Shall we begin the tour?" 
"I guess." Aurora shuffled towards him, still not completely sure if she's on-board with all of this.

Thomas and Aurora are walking down a hallway. "So, uh. How long's this squad been around?" Aurora asked, Thomas thinking for a moment.
"My memory's a little foggy, but at least a few months. You wouldn't believe how excited they were when they heard they were getting a fourth member. I'd expect a party." Thomas explained, Aurora sighing.
"They don't need to make me a big deal..." She mumbled. Thomas chuckled.
"You know, some people would dream about getting what you are. A team to call their own, where they get to call the shots." Thomas said, Aurora shrugging. 
"I'm grateful, I am. I guess I just feel bad about, you know... Breaking protocol." She replied.
"It's okay. I was mad, yes, but I know you had good intentions. You always do." Thomas patted her shoulder, giving her a smile.