Pinkie's Apprentice (Side Story)

It was another beautiful sunny day in Ponyville, as the bell above the schoolhouse rang to signal the release of its students. Among the colts and fillies exiting the building was a yellow filly with a bow placed in her red mane. She held her head down in shame as she slowly walked through Ponyville. Apple Bloom hadn't been having a good time at school recently. She had been getting relentlessly bullied by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon for being a blank flank. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't get her darn Cutie Mark to appear. At this rate she might just stay a blank flank forever.

She was suddenly brought out of her thoughts as she saw something in the corner of her eye. Looking to her left she saw the Ponyville baker, Pinkie Pie, dragging an unconscious tan stallion with a blond mane behind Sugarcube Corner. This was certainly suspicious so she decided to follow her. Walking to where Pinkie had dragged the stallion, Apple Bloom saw a tarp covered in dirt that was nailed to the wall. She moved the bottom part up and saw a tunnel that led to somewhere underneath the building.

She hopped in and started to walk down the path ahead. The tunnel slowly started to get darker as she progressed, but soon she started to see light up ahead. She ran towards the light until she fell onto a cold hard floor. Apple Bloom looked up and what she saw almost made her scream in fear. The room was covered in party decorations, but they weren't normal party decorations. 

They were all made of pony parts. 

All the furniture in the room was made of bones and covered in stitched up pieces of pony hide. Balloons made of organs and filled with helium were in several places in the room, and three foal heads with party hats made of hide formed a circle in the middle of a table. Across the room was Pinkie Pie, strapping the stallion to a large metal table. She was wearing a strange dress made of Cutie Marks with three sets of pegasus wings perched upon her back, and a necklace that was lined with several unicorn horns laid around her neck.

The wide eyed Apple Bloom attempted to walk over to try and ask her what was going on, but tripped and fell with an audible "oof". Pinkie looked over to where the sound had come from and saw the yellow filly getting up from the ground. A part of her mind told the party pony to tackle the filly and slice her throat before she got out... But she couldn't. She had killed several young fillies before, why was this any different?!

She fell to the ground, her mane deflating as she held her hooves to her head as tears started to prick her bright blue eyes. She kept muttering things under her breath that Apple Bloom couldn't hear. The little filly had a look of concern on her face as she walked over to the baker. When she got close enough, she could hear Pinkie sobbing about how she shouldn't have seen this.

"Miss Pinkie, are you okay?" The filly asked in concern.

Pinkie hiccuped as she began to speak, "I-I don't want to kill you Apple Bloom..."

Apple Bloom was terrified when she heard that. What was Pinkie talking about? Why would she want to kill her? "I-I don't quite understand, P-Pinkie."

"I can't get rid of you-" Pinkie had hiccuped as she continued, "I know you're a witness but I don't want to get rid of you..." Tears started streaming down her face as she started shaking.

"Can you explain to me whatcha' doin'?" The filly asked, "I promise not to tell anypony if you'll tell me."

Pinkie was silent when she heard her say that, but she was given an idea. She had always been thinking about having some other pony to help her with her baking. Pinkie had her sisters, yes, but she hadn't seen them since she moved to Ponyville all those years ago. Maybe this could be the day she gets her own apprentice. And if she tried running away... Well, guess she'd be making twice the amount of cupcakes she would usually bake.