Untold Invites // Chapter 7

The days after the first trial seemed to drone on as Nicole woke up in her dorm nearly three days later. Magnolia was lying on her bed, humming a tune while writing in a diary. Nicole swore she saw her friend drawing love hearts all over the page like she was trying to attract someone to her. She knew that Magnolia used this form of affirmation before to get boys to like her at Ilvermorny, but she didn't know who Magnolia could be writing about.

"Oh, Niki! You're awake!" Magnolia exclaimed while sitting up on the corner of her bed to face her friend.

"Yeah, I feel much better after resting. Madam Pomfrey is genuinely a saint," Nicole replied," I still am worried about what to do with this stupid egg. I bet some of the other Champions have already figured it out by now. You know I hate getting behind."

"Well, It's not really your fault that a dragon knocked you out for three days is it? Don't be so hard on yourself! If you couldn't do the Tournament, you wouldn't have gotten picked," Magnolia reassured Nicole.

"I guess you're right Mags. What I really need is a nice warm bath to wash off the three days of sleep I just had."

"You're in luck! While I was attending classes the other day, I ran into Myrtle and she told me that the bathroom where we first met was called the Prefect Bathroom not the perfect bathroom but that no one really goes in there. We could sneak in if you want." Magnolia said.

As she turns around to face Nicole, her friend has already morphed into a Prefect student named Penelope Clearwater.

"Who have you tuned into now?" Magnolia asked, looking the girl up and down.

"Penelope Clearwater, she's a Ravenclaw Prefect. It's just in case we get caught alright?" Nicole laughed while examining herself in the mirror.

"Yeah yeah, you know you love randomly tuning into people and scaring the shit out of me."

The pair of witches snuck out of the Room Of Requirement, egg in hand, and started to head to the bathroom where Myrtle instructed them to go. They approached the same large door they were at at the beginning of the year and walked in. Nicole immediately changed back into herself but she decided it was safe enough that she didn't have to cover her scars. Just as the two girls dipped into the water they suddenly heard a splash come from one of the toilets in the corner. It was Myrtle! The ghostly tween popped out of the toilet and headed straight for Magnolia and Nicole.

"That was some entrance, Myrtle. Do you have access to all the bathrooms at Hogwarts?" Nicole asked the ghost curiously.

"The bathrooms, the sinks, the pipes. Pretty much any place that has a water source," Myrtle informed, "I heard you had a nasty tumble during the first trial Nicole, I did try to warn you that they were brutal."

"Duly noted. I wasn't expecting a full-on dragon for the very first task."

"Oooo, you have one of those egg things too!" Myrtle exclaimed, "Cedric came in yesterday to take a bath and he too brought a golden egg with him.

"We just wanted to relax but Niki is very concerned about figuring out the clue in the egg. She made us bring it along." Magnolia joked while sliding deeper into the hot water.

"Oh whatever, I admit I'm worried I'll not figure it out in time but I thought a clear head would help me to open it," Nicole says looking up at Myrtle who was pretending to swim overtop of them.

"Well, Cedric put the egg in the water.​​That might be a good place to start.," Myrtle teased.

When Nicole heard this, she immediately grabbed the egg and pulled Magnolia's head out of the water. The girls both decided to open the latch on top of the egg at the same time and with that, they dived under.