13.

CHRISTOPHERAfter the exercise that I tried out with Star, I realized that her hand was placed on my knee

CHRISTOPHER
After the exercise that I tried out with Star, I realized that her hand was placed on my knee. It made me feel good, honestly. Like she was so gentle, and she seemed so loving.

"Thanks for that, Star. I appreciate that."

"That's my job. How do you feel in other aspects of your life? Besides being in here?"

"I feel lonely. I just feel like no one cares or understands me. No one comes to visit me besides my brother. I feel like Jayden is the only one I have, especially when it comes to my family. He told me that our mother came to visit, and she didn't even come with him yesterday to see me. I always knew that Jayden is her favorite kid. He's the youngest with no mental issues."

And it was true. I always remember my mother saying slick shit like,

Why can't you be more like your brother?!

Why can't you just be normal?!

Shit that stuck with me for life, evidently. My mother couldn't care if I were to die right now.

"Aw, Chris. I'm so sorry you feel that way. No one deserves to feel that way. I don't know your mother, but I know dealing with individuals with mental issues can sometimes be draining. She shouldn't be telling you things like that though. Maybe you can try talking to her about how you feel?"

"There's really no point. My mother doesn't care about anything I have to say. Can I get to know you a little bit more? You know, to make me more comfortable with you."

"Uh, sure. That's fine. Ask whatever you want. As long as it's nothing too crazy."

"How is your day going, for starters?"

"Pretty well. Well, besides being harassed by some guy named Marshall when I first came in. He seems like something."

Star chuckled. That damn Marshall. He seems to always try to stick his dick in whatever female walks through the building. He's deprived of pussy, obviously.

"I've been seeing him around. He seems annoying as hell. What made you want to become a mental health therapist?"

"I've always just loved to help people. Especially when it comes to helping them with their issues, I love giving advice and saving lives. It might sound corny, but it's true."

"I don't think it sounds corny, at all. I respect you telling the truth. There must be a reason why you're named the best therapist in Los Angeles, right?"