03. Blood of a Profane

Chapter 3

"The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear."

Socrates

Mythos Agency, Maharlika

We were later informed that direct descendants of both major and minor gods of Greece were excluded from being teamed up with demigods from other myths. This explained why I was in a team consisting of the son and the daughter of two of the Big Three.

I least expected this to happen, pero ani nga ni Autumn ay wala na akong magagawa.

Dahil gabi na'y inihatid muna nila ako sa kuwartong aking tutuluyan. The agency has provided chambers for demigods, and I was surprised to see my luggage already prepared and escorted in my room.

"Magkikita na lang tayo bukas sa conference hall. Rest well, Adrienne." Autumn smiled and waved good bye.

Hindi na sumama sa amin si Rye dahil dumiretso na ito sa kaniyang silid. Halata naman kasing pagod na pagod ito, at base na rin sa kaniyang suot ay mukhang galing ito sa trabaho.

Isinara ko na ang pinto nang makaalis ang babae. My eyes then wandered on the room's interior. Compared to my room in Greco Unit, this was quite bigger and spacious. The room was highlighted in gray and white neutral accents.

The floor was carpeted on the side where a queen-sized bed was situated. Across it was two double doors, which I suppose was the closet. Mayroon ding vanity table na may dresser sa isang sulok at iilang bookshelves sa gilid nito na naglalaman ng mga makakapal na libro. Another door was placed on the other end of the room, which was the comfort room.

I walked up to the bed and sat on its edge. Hindi ko napigilang ibagsak ang likod sa malambot na kama nang makaramdam ng pagod.

Socializing for me is too draining. I felt like my energy was sucked up tenfold.

I'd rather be fighting monsters and training myself all day than talking with people.

Napabuntong-hininga ako at itinaas ang isang kamay. Apparently, unlike my ceiling in Greco which was painted with a starry night sky, in here was just a bland and plain sight. It drew a blue smile on my face.

I loved painting, and if I could get a chance to argue with whoever manages this agency just to grasp another breathtaking gallery in this room's ceiling, I'd instantly take that opportunity.

Nanatiling nakataas ang aking kamay nang mahagip ng mga mata ko ang isang bagay na nakaukit doon.

Unti-unti akong napabangon at mariing hinawakan ang aking palapulsuhan.

My finger made its way to trace the intricate birthmark on my wrist that was somehow formed like a bracelet. Its mark was way darker than my fine skin. If one was a keen observer, he or she might easily notice this mark.