I) good girl

Lady Katherine Fox, more so known as Kitty, was the middle daughter of the Governor in Port Victoria

Lady Katherine Fox, more so known as Kitty, was the middle daughter of the Governor in Port Victoria. Kitty was not her parents' main priority - that was Belle, who society had decided must marry before her sisters even stood a chance. Kitty was not marriage-obsessed like her younger sister, Fanny. Kitty was happy - she was carefree and giggly and her mischief often went unnoticed by others.

They did notice, however, her frequent trips to the hospital. While not a soul could give a diagnosis for her condition, Kitty commonly found herself collapsed on the floor, having fainted once again. She was rushed straight to the doctor afterwards, because while she could fly under the radar usually in her family, her health was a priority - particularly for Belle, who had taken on the gruelling task of trying to find (and cure) whatever was wrong with her baby sister.

Kitty, on the other hand, didn't much care why she fainted often, only caring that it happened when she moved too much, too quickly - a disaster for the girl who loved to dance. Much to the annoyance of her doctor, she chose not to listen, deciding for herself that fainting afterwards was only a minor inconvenience in the pursuit of happiness.

Kitty was also peculiar. She was curious, wanting to learn and touch everything around her, her attention never staying anywhere too long, and most peculiar of all, she wouldn't let any of the doctors at the hospital see her. Apart from one.

Jack Dawkins was the only doctor that Kitty allowed to see her. No one really knew why, and Kitty didn't honestly know either, but in her frequent visits she instantly took to the man and never changed her mind. To some, he was rough and radical, but he was always careful with her, always willing to listen to her rants about the things she was learning, always tried to maintain her health despite her always ignoring his advice.

Jack had just finished a surgery, amputating a leg, after winning the coin toss against Sneed. The latter had disappeared in disgust, stumbling into the out-of-breath Kitty, her hair wild and a stray dog in her arms. Her breathing was heavy and clearly becoming harder, and Sneed rushed to aid her.

"Kitty, you need to sit down!" He advised as he hurried over, wrapping an arm over her shoulders. The girl shrugged his arm off, stepping away even though it pained her to do so. "Give me the dog."

"Don't tell me what to do! And it's Lady Katherine to you." Kitty informed him bossily, clinging tightly to the dog as her breaths intensified. "I want Jack!"

"Dawkins!" Sneed yelled throughout the hospital, disliking the fact that Kitty would only listen to him, but knowing that if he did nothing, the Governor would have his head on the line.

Jack waltzed out of the operation room, ready to gloat about breaking Sneed's record by a mile, when he took in the situation - Sneed looking uncomfortable and aggravated, and Kitty glaring at the man, clutching a dirty dog like her life depended on it as her eyes became droopy.

"Oh shit." He cursed, storming forward to grab ahold of the girl before she fainted. He gently placed one hand on her arm, the other grabbing her face to guide her eyes towards his. "Kitty, darling, can you give him the dog, please?"