viii

"Wow, you've got a beautiful house!" Cady exclaimed to Regina.
"Thanks!" She replied.
The four girls headed up the marble staircase to Regina's room, which was larger than the whole of Cady's house. Cady awakes at the room in amazement, "This room is so cool!"
"Thanks, it used to be my parents but I made them switch."

Just then, Regina's 'cool mom' burst in the room, holding a pink scrapbook with the words "BURN BOOK" collaged on the front. "Look what I found guys! Remember this?" Reginas mom asked. Gretchen and Karen sat up in excitement, remembering the fond memories they shared of creating this book.

"What is it?" Cady asked.
"Oh, it's just a book we made where we write mean things about girls in our year." Cady grimaced, wondering if she would be added to this at some point, "Oh don't worry! We only add people we're not friends with in it, our actual friends should like totally be respected."

"Gretchen, she gets it. Move on!" Regina snapped. Gretchen pulled a face that made her look like a hurt puppy.

Gretchen randomly opened the book up, landing on Janis' page. It said "party pooper" on brown marker with stink lines coming out of the picture. "Who's that next to her?"

"Oh yeah, that's Damien. He's almost too gay to function."

"Oh my god that's hilarious, write that down!" Karen said, while Regina scoffed.

"Gay is not an insult you know, don't treat it like it's a bad thing."

"Sorry Regina" Karen apologised sincerely.

Gretchen then flipped to the next page, which had a picture of Phoebe. It said had hearts and kiss prints surrounding it. Did one of the Plastics have a crush on Phoebe? What was that all about? Regina slammed the book shut quickly. Cady noticed that Regina had become quite flustered. Did she have a crush on Phoebe? Oh, this was big! But she couldn't tell anyone until she was certain, so she wouldn't get her friend's hopes up for nothing. Regina swiftly changed the subject while walking over to her vanity.

"Gosh my pores are huge!" She said, poking her face while looking in the mirror.
"I hate my shoulders" Gretchen chimed in.
"My BO smells like crayons." Karen stated. Regina gave her a look. The three girls then turned to Cady, waiting for her to chime in with her own self criticism.

"Oh, I'm ugly too." Cady stuttered. The other three girls laughed.

-
-
-

The next day at school, Cady had met up with Janis, Damien, and Phoebe to tell them her findings. She explained the burn book, which made Janis ask "What did they say about me?"

"Uhhh something about party pooper? Do they think you're a goody two shoes or something?"
"Yeah, something like that." Janis replied through a clenched jaw.

"What about me, am I in it?" Phoebe asked.
"No, you weren't in there." Cady lied. She didn't know whether she wanted to expose Regina or the others like that, and she didn't even know what that was written about.
"That bitch!" Phoebe exclaimed.

"Well, good work Cady the spy! Try and dig up some more dirt today!" Damien complimented.
"Will do!" Cady responded, then they all parted ways