Wattpad Original
There are 6 more free parts

Chapter 9 - The Italian

I feel inexplicably hungover as I trudge around the Angels the next day in the late afternoon, serving the few early guests. My mind is a whirlwind of thoughts as I rush here and there, carrying trays of diverse mouth-watering meals.

The memory of Liam's kiss from the previous night is still so fresh in my mind, and I can't help but replay it over and over again, like the best scene in my favorite-all-time movie.

The way his lips felt against mine. The warmth of his touch. That's all I can think about. I want – no, I need to feel that again. To experience the same rush of emotions that washed over me the night before.

"Your bacon cheese fries with extra mayo," I hear myself say mechanically. The customer, a young woman with square-rimmed glasses, looks up in surprise.

"Sorry, there must have been a mistake. I ordered a mini shepherd's pie as an appetizer."

"Oh, I'm so sorry," I apologize quickly. "Let me take this back to the kitchen and get back to you with your pie."

I'm in luck, and the woman is nice, so she laughs it off. Regardless, I can feel my face burning with embarrassment.

I was so focused on Liam Cavanaugh that I completely lost my focus on my job!

Coming into the kitchen does not help. My devious mind instantly imagines the two of us standing there, away from the prying eyes of the customers, Liam leaning in closer, pushing me against the kitchen counter. His eyes are filled with desire, his lips brushing against the sensitive spot on my neck, sparks flying between us.

I slap myself back to my senses. Focus, girl.

Having finally correctly taken an order for two plates of mini beef wellingtons with onion marmalade, I keep reminding myself I must play the role of a dutiful waitress.

Dancing for the clientele is off the table so waiting tables it is. At least I have this job and can sus out the employees in the hope of finding out where Kieran is keeping Zerina.

Someone is bound to slip up with some information sooner or later. I've been here for hours and still haven't seen the faintest trace of my mother.

I slept like a stone beside Liam last night. Everything: the raid, then encounter with Mom, and eavesdropping on my parents had been too much for my already exhausted mind and body.

I expected to have nightmares, but they never came. And when I woke up, only a slight rumple on the sheets and a faint scent of open sea were proof that Liam had even been there with me in the first place.

I freeze in the doorway of the club kitchen. A shiver runs through me, then my body flushes hot-red as Siobhan's amused eyes and Nico's lustful gaze briefly settle on me.

She is wearing the same uniform as I am –: a fitted black dress, crafted from luxurious velvet which clings to her curves. It features a daring V-neckline that dips just low enough to hint at her decolletage without revealing too much. Our skirts, hemmed just above the knee, tease the audience with a glimpse of our toned legs.

The finishing touch to our ensemble is a pair of delicate silver earrings that dangle from our ears, catching the light and adding a bit of sparkle to our overall look.

My eyes dart between them, noticing Nico's palm on Siobhan's thigh. I never would have imagined these two were an item.

"So sorry," I blurted. "I just came in here to get the appetizers. I'll be out of your hair."

"No worries, darlin'. Nico and I don't mind if ye stay and watch, do we now?" Siobhan drawls.

My cheeks explode with heat, and I'm at a loss for words.