Chapter 73

It was face-up on the counter, and I turned to Chan in surprise

"I really thought it would be positive," he gave me a small smile, but I could tell he was a little disappointed.

And, even though I'd had no expectations, I also felt a little sad. "Guess you'll have to try harder next time," I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Chan's eyes lit up. "Is that an invitation, Ella," he grabbed me by my waist and pinned me against the counter. His eyes dropped to my lips.

I hopped up near the sink and pulled him to stand between my legs.

"What if it is?" I teased. Chan kissed my cheek but looked more seriously at me when he pulled away.

"Do you want a baby with me Ella?" he asked, the joking tone gone. We hadn't really ever talked about planning for a baby. Before it had always been a case of "what if we are" and not "what if we try."

Seeing the stick negative had changed things. It was so clear to me that the future Chan and I had envisioned was what I wanted.

"I think I do," I told him.

His face lit up, and he lifted me off of the counter with a kiss.

I laughed, "Put me down!" He spun me in a circle and danced out into the hallway ignoring my requests.

"Guys!" Chan shouted.

Seungmin and Changbin emerged having been the only ones to hear him.

"We're going clubbing tonight, right?"

"You still want to go?" Changbin asked, surprised that Chan wanted to be in public after everything that had happened today. Chan was still carrying me, and it was laughable that neither of them seemed phased by that at all.

"Yes! I'll just make my hair blonde, so I'm not recognized as easily. I was due for a change anyway," Chan explained.

"Blonde?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, you're going to love it," he grinned and kissed me.

"Go back to your room with that," Seungmin complained.

Chan laughed in response. "We'll see you later then?"

"Sounds good," Changbin answered.

Chan turned to head back into the room. "This could've been a text message!" Seungmin called.

"How did baby-talk remind you of clubbing?" I laughed.

"Don't be mad, okay?" he said as he set me back down.

"What is it?"

"Ella, I want a baby with you. I want a family with you."

"I know," I told him and wrapped my arms around him as he spoke.