I

♪♫ Jeene ke liye socha hi nahi,

Dard sambhalne honge

Muskuraye to mukurane ke,

Karz utaarne honge

Muskuraye kabhi to lagta hai,

Jaise hothon pe karz rakha hai

Tujhse naraz nahi zindagi,

Hairan hoon main

Oo..hairan hoon main ...♪♫

_____________________

Life has a weird way of messing up with everyone's plans.

Adira had a lot of plans too, but getting married to an almost stranger was not one of them.

She had come to Delhi for her cousin—Saloni's— wedding which was happening on the same day but ended up being the bride herself.

The wedding was to take place in her uncle's house. Saloni was to get married to Viaan.

But, life needed to mess everything up so Saloni ran away because she didn't want to get married this soon which led to Viaan being left alone at the altar.

All of that wasn't enough because life threw Adira into the mix.

Now Viaan Singhania is her husband.

Viaan was the charming co-CEO of the tech company that he had established with his twin brother Veer Singhania.

Viaan Singhania. Her almost stranger. Her business partner. And now, her husband.

They were on the way to Singhania Mansion after flying back to Mumbai.

Viaan hadn't uttered a word in the past few hours which she didn't know was a relief or not. She had only met him once before—in a business meeting—and he seemed like a happy person which wasn't the case with him today. He was quite—too quiet. It was quite understood why; his bride—possibly the one he was in love with—left him alone at the altar and then he got married to a person whom he had only met once.

Adira on the other hand, was beyond angry. Angry at life, her uncle, Saloni, but most of all she was angry at herself. She couldn't believe that she had come to her uncle's words. She had only one goal and she was so blinded to achieve it that she married someone for it. She was angry because not just hers but she might have just ruined someone else's life too. Someone who wasn't at fault—Viaan.

She was so wrapped up in her mind that she didn't realize when they reached their destination and had done any of the rituals.

She didn't have any energy left in her to deal with anything, so, the minute she was ushered into a room, she got changed and slept with the thought that she would deal with everything else tomorrow.

⪡▪⪢

Viaan was still processing everything that happened in a mere few hours and changed everything for everyone.

He couldn't believe that Saloni left him and he married a person he liked.

Saloni was never his choice in the first place. She seemed like a nice person but he didn't feel any spark or attraction toward her; he was only marrying her because his mother liked her.

The abandoned child in him thought that if he would get married to his mother's choice then she would show some love to him. A fool's wish, really. But he only wanted his mother to tell him that she loved him—that's all he ever wanted. Too bad we don't always get what we want.

Now he is married to Adira Singh—Adira Viaan Singhania. He met her once and liked her at the first glance.

She was the CEO of the tech company with whom he had been trying to get a project for a few months. She was beautiful, elegant, smart, and professional but she also had a commanding aura around her which intrigued him.

Now they are married and she hadn't even looked at him for once. He didn't know why she agreed to marry him; maybe her uncle forced her but he found it rather hard to believe. He had seen her in the conference room during the meeting, she seemed like a person who wouldn't do a thing if she didn't feel like doing it. So, the question was why and only one person could answer it—Adira herself.

Viaan entered his room only to see his wife sleeping soundly on the bed. He walked toward her side with a smile and bent down to look at her. She looked innocent and carefree while sleeping.

He shook his head at himself and went to the closet to get changed into comfortable clothes.

He slept on the couch that night so that she wouldn't feel uncomfortable.