1. Keefe's POV

"My name is Elysian, and I am the power source you're all here for." Said the person before them. Keefe gaped at the gray-clad figure. Elysian was a person? Why? How? And why could Keefe suddenly not feel any emotions? His was holding hands with Foster, for God's sake! Her emotions were always strong!

Sophie had the same puzzled look on her face that Keefe imagined he did. Everyone else was either looking at their hands in surprise and dismay, or, in Fitz's case, cradling their head.

"My name is Elysian," She said again. "You may notice a lack of feeling for your abilities. The Pyrokinetic can feel no heat, the Telepath can't feel thoughts, and so on. This is due to my extremely rare, and if I might add, powerful, ability. I am a silencer, someone who can temporarily take away other's powers." She turned to Keefe. "You've unlocked your new abilities, correct? I'm guessing that no one knows what they are or how they work. I do. Allow me to explain. Your ability is a mixture of the powers of a Beguiler, Empath, Mesmer, Inflictor, and Silencer. I have yet to come up with a name, but I'll find a good one soon." Elysian swept back her hood. To no one's surprise, none of them recognized her. Except Sophie, whose jaw practically fell to the floor. Elysian smiled at Keefe. "You, my young friend, have been given a gift from the gods."

"No he hasn't." Gisela said, stepping up. "He's been given a gift from me." Suddenly, she raised her arm and threw a dagger at Elysian.

Sophie screamed. "No!"

Huh?! *gasp* Will Elysian live? I guess we'll never know (only if you don't read the next chapter, but still, suspense)