55-57

55.Loving

"This Lady did not expect that there will be a welcoming banquet for me. Father & 2nd mother really put Rong'er in their hearts."

YuShen & the rest inwardly rolled their eyes. Their XiaoJie would often act like a white lotus in order to deceive other people. She would even act clueless and naïve even though she was quite devious inside.

What 'welcoming banquet' ah?

How could Laoye prepare a welcoming banquet for their XaioJie when he didn't even know that they would arrive earlier. The banquet was obviously prepared for something else.

XuanRong could sense her maidservants' inner thoughts but she paid no heed to them. She was more interested with her loathsome father's reaction. She almost laughed when his eyes bulged while looking at her with disbelief in his eyes.

XuanRong was wearing a red Hanfu[1] embroidered with white butterflies using silver thread as outlines, making it look as if the butterflies were hovering around XuanRong.

Those guests could not help but gawk at her, unable to tear off their gaze away from her.

"Rong'er greets father."

XuanRong bent her knees and curtsied towards XuanLi, not paying attention to the fallen cup on the ground.

"You--!"

When XuanLi saw XuanRong, he almost puked blood.

'Why is she here?'

XuanLi cursed that male servant who came a while ago. Why did he not inform him beforehand that his Eldest Di daughter had arrived? XuanLi inwardly gnashed his teeth. He was expecting that the one who arrived was the Crown Prince and not this uneducated girl in front of him.

He wanted to scold XuanRong but XuanLi forced himself to calm down. There were many visitors around and if he would make a scene, he was afraid that many people would gossip later.

'Humph! You dead girl! I'll deal with you later!'

XuanLi didn't have any choice but to pretend that he was happy to see XuanRong. But before he could even utter a word to show his fatherly side, XuanRong's eyes reddened.

"Why? Was father angry that Rong'er arrived early? Rong'er dearly missed father and the rest of the family that's why Rong'er hurriedly traveled from Lu Shan to Zhong Yang without sleeping and eating, hoping to surprise father. Rong'er never thought that father would get angry at Rong'er. Father, please quell your anger. Rong'er only wanted to show filial piety."

Once again, YuShen and the rest were trying hard to suppress the laughter wanting to escape from their mouth because they knew that their XiaoJie was only acting. Unfortunately, others really thought that XuanRong wasn't welcomed by her own father and felt pity towards her, especially those young men who were smitten by her teary-eyed face. They inwardly screamed 'injustice'!

"Poor child. She obviously wanted to be reunited with her family, but she was despised by her father for showing filial piety."

"Who is she? She called Xuan Xiangye[2] 'father', she must be one of the Xuan Young Misses in the 1st branch."

"Ah! She said she came from Lu Shan. Didn't Xuan Xiangye's Eldest Di Daughter leave the capital 5 years ago to recuperate because her health was not good?"

"Seems like Xuan Xiangye doesn't like his Eldest Di Daughter."

"Is she really that girl? Rumors said that Xiangye's Eldest Di Daughter is an arrogant person but the 1 in front of us is obviously as pure as a lotus flower. Maybe, she's not her."