Chapter 4

It was a darkness like nothing he had ever experienced. A darkness so cold, so alive it threatened to consume his very essence. None of it could compare to the fear that coursed through his veins. He didn't know why he felt that way but the fear gripped at him and paralyzed him.

He couldn't process his thoughts clearly except for one single thought that remained tattooed into his mind.

Survive

It weighed down his body making it hard for him to move but even then his survival instinct was on autopilot.

His eyes scanned the darkness looking for something -anything- until he saw the silhouette of what looked like a man.

Normally he would have been surprised, suspicious even, of such a person but something in him told him to pay attention to him.

Then the figure turned and he found himself looked at a dark hooded figure whose face he couldn't see. The figure stretched out its hands in a beckoning gesture and he heard a voice in his head.

Come and see...

There was something hypnotic about this voice as it drew him in.

Opening his eyes Raul found himself waking up on the same comfortable queen sized bed in the same simple and yet elegant bed that had been given to him the night before.

Part of him had hoped that when he woke up today he'd be back in his own little apartment living his regular boring life. He'd take that over whatever he'd need thrust into.

However, as his eyes scanned all around him, he knew that somehow this was his reality now. He could either keep living in denial or accept it.

Pushing himself up he got off the bed and began to walk towards the door. He had no idea where he would go or what he was to do but he knew that he would find no answers as long as he continued to live in the bubble of ignorance.

The first step would be to ask the Reapers what would be expected of him now. Taking a deep breath, he reached for the door handle determined to make do with this odd situation however he stopped, completely startled when his hand seemed to phase through the chocolate colored wood of the door.

He quickly retracted his arm and, staring at his palm like it was an alien appendage, he tried to calm himself down.

Surely there was some explanation about what happened just now, right?

He eyed the door nervously, wondering if that had been a random occurrence and as his eyes wandered around the room something caught his eye. Turning ever slowly, he did a full ninety degrees until he was able to see clearly what had caught his attention.

Right there on the bed he remained sleeping peacefully.

"Huh? What the fuck is going on?!" He asked no one in particular, his tone panicking as he looked at the body that layon the bed - his body.

"This isn't real... You're going to wake up from this... It's just a bad dream." He kept trying to reassure himself but the longer he stared down at his body the more panicky he became.

With shaking limbs he got up and walked to the door again. If anyone had answers on what was happening to him, it would most definitely be the Reapers.