P R O L O G U E

"Saranghaeyo!", Her heart skipped a beat listening to the unexpected sentence from him.

(I love you!)

"What? Y-you love me? B-But how-", Words remained incomplete as he covered her mouth with his palm sushing her to complete silence.

"I love you! All of you. I can't help but fall for you. Every inch of you. I can't stop thinking about you. I feel tickles all over my chest. My heart beats faster than usual whenever you're near. And it races like a Ferrari when you're closer. My heart needs you, cuz it functions better every single time you're with me. You're the beat to my heart. My heartbeat. Saranghaeyo, Yeo Hee!", He confessed the most beautiful paragraph she has ever heard with minimal distance between them. Tears glistened her eyes, overwhelmed by the sudden raw confession. All she wanted just now was to embrace him close to her heart & feel his breath over her delicate shoulder.

"Stop this, Rang-ah!", Escaped a little cry as she pushed him gently, distancing herself from him. "This can't happen. This just ain't possible. You're a Gumiho. I'm an In-eo. We are worlds apart. We can't be together.", Tears slipped as she let out those painful words out of her throat. She turned behind, facing her back towards him, in order to hide the stream of tears rolling down her cheeks.

(Gumiho = Nine-tailed fox, In-eo = Mermaid.)

Smiling at her worry, Lee Rang smiled before shifting towards her, wrapping his arms around her belly, pulling her in a secure back hug. "Then let's sacrifice our powers & become humans. Let's slip into the same world if it all takes for us to be together.", He kissed her neck making her throw her head backwards, over his shoulder while tears continued flowing down the edges of her eyes.

"Why are you doing this?", She mumbled with frustrated unable to fight with her own heart.

"I already told you the reason.", He said gently moving his hands towards her shoulders & making her face him.

"What?", She asked as his thumb pads brushed against her cheeks & underneath her sparkling eyes, wiping the waterfall she has been releasing.

"Saranghaeyo!", Escaped his mouth before his palms ended up cupping her face & his face leaned towards her, capturing her pulpy lips into a soothing, comforting, love-filled kiss.

》♡《

Lee Rang, a 1000 years old Gumiho (Nine-tailed fox) has been living with the memories of his dead love, Yeo Hee, a mortal human being who has been killed by a deadly shape-shifting serpent.

After ages of waiting, Yeo Hee reincarnated as an In-eo (Mermaid) with no memory of her past life. Addition to that, her reincarnated form has been manipulated under circumstances, which made her fear Lee Rang, believing that he's a danger to her.

Will Yeo Hee regain her memories?
Will they have a happy ending this time?
Will Lee Rang be able to get his Lost Heartbeat back?

》♡《

~THANKS FOR READING~