1

Aadhya was a normal plus size girl. She was trained of not being a crybaby. She is a well earning woman with slender and beautiful love of her family who support her like everything.
Marriage. She was known to this term since all her friends and cousins were getting married into a happy life.

But her.
She didn't even knew the groom. It sounds so old fashioned to hear the bride haven't seen her groom in the era of 20th century that too in a well developed city.
It was her Grandparents who've fixed the marriage already.
Her parents knew the groom's family and the groom very well but were hesitant to proceed on the marriage.

But the reluctant Grandparents had made their decision clear of keeping the weding after the 7 days of informing.
The pre wedding rituals has already made Aadhya tired.
Haldi and the 7 day Sangeet and chuda ceremony and other shagun exchange ritual.

She opposed the marriage. But her love for her grandparents was on the heavier side and hence they won.
She has faith in Krishna. He will never ever do wrong for her.
Her lehnga felt like weighing kilos!
And her chuda along with the Kalirein   felt like her whole wedding would be gone in handling these only.

Her hands were shining with Mehndi.
The complicated yet beautiful designs were so thinly drawn. The name of her husband-to-be were hided in those complex designs.

'Aaditya Dhanjal'
She only knew his name. His photo was sent by her mother on WhatsApp.
She on the very first sight knew that they were not a match.

He was handsome, fit and fair
She was heavy and brown.

"Beta? Mein aa jau"

Aadhya turned to see her father on the door.

"Ji aayi ye na papa"

Her dad came inside.

"Tumhe iss tarah dekhkar aisa lag rha hai ki kal ki hi to baat hai ki tum ek cute se pink frock mein nachte gaate khel Rahi ho."

"You've grown a lot beta "

Aadhya smiled at her father.
Then her cousin brother Advait came on the door.

"Didi it's your entry time!!"

Aadhya looked at Advait and smiled.
Aadhya's mom hurriedly came inside and was saying something nonchantedly

But she stopped after watching her.
Aadya could see her mother's eyes glisten up.
Her mom put a kala tika behind her ear.

"You are looking gorgeous लाडो"
Aadhya smiled and hugged her mother. "Thank you maa."
She whispered in her mother's ear

Her mother backed up.

"Now come on. It's muhurat time. Let's go beta"

There she was.

Aadhya was coming down with her cousin sisters. Looking down not to face the judgemental eyes of everyone.

While with our groom sitting in front of the holy flame which was going to tie him to an unknown woman for life .
He was in his thoughts when he heard the talk of other people about bride coming down.
He followed the direction of her sister's eye.

There she was
In beautiful red heavy Saree
Her long hairs plated in a very different style with gajra around them till end.
Her jewellery twinkling with the light of the hall.

"Let her be seated near the groom" Pandit ji said.

Aadhya sat beside Aaditya.
Pandit started the chanting the mantras.