Chapter 16: Flower Garden

Your eyes flutter open, wincing slightly from the sun pouring into the healing bay, you feel so much better now thanks to Lambert's help, you look around the room, only to find a bowl of food waiting for you on the table, you take a bite, the blandness of the dish was by none other made by Lambert, his cooking was never the best but he did try his best.

Stepping out of the healing bay you see the Followers already out and about, judging by the position of the sun it must be the afternoon, just as you were about to see how the other Followers are doing considering, they also got cursed by Kallamar, Barbatos ran to you again.

"(Y/N), you're all better, we all got worried about you" You give a gentle smile, as a way to reassure them that you are indeed better.

"There was no need to worry, Lambert helped me, speaking of, where is he?"

"The Leader has gone on another crusade" You could tell Barbatos had more to say but was interrupted by Fey tackling you to the ground "Fey! Be careful, they just got out of the healing bay, we don't want to send them back already with a broken bone!"

"I missed you so much (Y/N)! I was scared that you would never get better again!" you pat them on the back to calm them down, with the help of Barbatos, you both got on your hooves, but not for long for Fay, "Please, don't let the grate Leader cook for us again" they are on their knees with their hands clasped in front of them, they looked as if they are about to cry with the thought of Lambert cooking again.

"Fey, you're making a fool of yourself, it wasn't that bad, get up!" Barbatos lifted Fey again "And what if the Leader heard you say that!"

"Hey hey, it's alright, both of you, relax. Fey, I will be doing the cooking again, it was just until I was not sick anymore. Barbatos, Lambert knows he's not the best at cooking, he won't get angry, and if he did, he would have to go through me for something so silly" You hoped that would satisfy them, they both nod, you let out a sigh of relief knowing a that a fight was prevented.

With that ordeal over and done with you managed to look over the other four sick Followers, some recovered a bit more than the others but they are still sick, you wanted to take them to the healing bay but you are low on camellia flowers, you felt guilty that they can only be in bed rest, you did put a wet rag on their heads to keep the fever down, you went back to the healing bay to put the bucket of water away, that is when you got an idea, you may be low on camellia flowers, but you have plenty of camellia seeds.

You looked at the scarecrow and made one for any pesky birds and some farm plots, you placed the scarecrow and the plots close to the healing bay. Carefully you planted most of the seeds you have, working on the farm and working on the new garden felt completely different. With the farm, you felt a sense of fulfilment, seeing the produce grow and used later to eat, it made you proud when you saw the Followers eat the hard work you all put in the soil. With this new garden, you felt more at peace, you ever thought gardening would make you slightly more relaxed, you got excited with the thought of seeing the beautiful red flower bloom one day, and then using it to help a Follower come down from any illness they may have.

As you finish watering the seed you get trapped in your own little world, admiring the wet soil, you fail to hear steps coming towards you, you feel a paw on your shoulder, the sudden touch surprised you, so much in fact, when you spun around to face them you also splashed them with water from the watering can.

You gasped and placed a free paw over your mouth, it was Lambert, who was now soaking wet, some of his white wool sagging over his eyes, if you could see his eyes they would be wide with shock, seeing such a ridiculous sight, you lost it, you dropped the watering can and laugh hard, you clenched your stomach from the stitch that grows on your side.

"You think this is funny (Y/N)?" Lambert said in a low tone with his arms out to the side as water dripped off him.

Still laughing you managed to say, "Ye- HAHAHA yes!"

"Well, what about now!" Your laughing came to a halt when you heard those words, you were about to run when you felt two arms lift you up and squeeze your body, the cold water now going you and your own (w/c). You try to get your arms out of the hold and kick your legs hoping you can get free.

"You are the worst!"