eleven ; confrontation

(This chapter has nsfw! Tread carefully lol)

Tom idled in the kitchen, leaned against the wall. He watched as Edd installed a padlock onto the backdoor, struggling as it didn't exactly have a handle.

"You could just like... board it up with wood," Tom suggested.

"I spent good money on these," Edd shook his head.

Tom shrugged. "Just saying,"

"Hey," Tord entered the room, holding a key in his hand. "I'm done,"

"Cool, thanks," Edd responded, reaching out for the key.

"I don't think that's gonna work," Tord faltered.

"Will you two stop? I'm telling you, I've got this," Edd shone a proud smile.

Tom and Tord glanced at each other, holding in laughter.

"Alright man," Tom nodded, slowly backing out of the kitchen.

Tord following shortly after, waving a goodbye to Edd. The two now stood outside the kitchen in an awkward silence.

"You're safe," Tord said suddenly. "If that was... if you were worried."

Tom raised a brow. "I mean a little, but I don't know why you're telling me that."

Tord sighed. He just wanted to comfort Tom. He knew the other didn't need it, but he felt the need. He also felt the need to lunge at Tom and kiss him, but we can't all get what we want. Guilt prodded at him.

"Uh, hello?" Tom waved his hand in front of Tords face.

"What is this?" Tord asked, suddenly, regretting the question instantly.

Tom looked shocked, his mouth hanging slightly open. "...What?"

Tord swallowed, thickly. "This," he gestured between the two.

"I don't..." Tom breathed. "I don't..."

"Alright! Locks are all finished!" Edd exited the kitchen beside them, hands on his hips.

Tord leaned to the side to see the lock had broken through the glass, and had little actual function.

"I see.." he gave a fake smile, failing to make it look convincing.

Tom hadn't looked away from Tord, unable to change his expression either. What the hell was that? Why did Tord ask that? Did he think this was something serious? Is this something serious?

"I'm gonna go chill in my room if you two need me for anything. I don't know where Matt is, so," Edd shrugged and walked off down the hallway.

There was a short silence.

"Why did you ask that?" Tom now looked incredibly intimidating to Tord.

"I-I mean, I just wanted to put a label to this." Tord sighed.

"Why? This isn't anything."

Tord tilted his head slightly to the side. "What?"

"We aren't anything. We never will be." Tom had tears welling in his eyes, confusing Tord.

"That's just not true." Tord stated, not wanting to take Tom being a dick like he usually does.

"We literally kissed today," he continued.

"So?" Tom questioned.

"So?" Tord felt heat rise to his cheeks. "So that means there's something between us. I know you can't get over not liking me, but you can't just- you can't just almost take my pants off and then act like you don't have feelings for me!" Tord's voice was raising in volume.