11. Anxiety

Dudes I'm so f*ckimg sorry. It's been almost three years since I started this book.

Thats what happens when you have a super fixation that lasts a week. Now I'm stuck with this 😭

I just have so many other stories to do that I'm so much more interested in. (Not that I hate this story, I just like the other ones more.)

Are people still even interested in this?????

———

Y/N was laying against her mothers chest, her eyes half closed as her mother gently ran her hand up and down Y/Ns back.

It was so sweet, so gentle. Y/N felt safe and secure. she didn't want to leave. She hadn't felt like this in a long time, she'd forgotten what she'd missed.

Her heart was heavy and she didn't want to leave, this position was to comfy, her mother's touch so reassuring.

Her mother spoke, although her voice was blurred at Y/N couldn't actually hear her, but she knew what she was saying.

"I want to stay here. I don't want to go to bed yet" she heard herself reply.
Her voice was a lot squeakier, she turned up to look at her mum, but what looked back at her was faceless and blurry.

Her mother went and began to stroke Y/Ns hair, Y/N suddenly felt distant.

Y/N was woken up groggily, her eyes fluttered open and she saw that Maverick was gently shaking her awake.

"Good morning."

He tried not to think about how it was harder to wake her up.

Y/N looked from him to his mother, she had set up a little table, using bark and old pots for dishes.
"Um...?" She looked to Maverick for and answer, he shrugged.

"Just go with it."

Y/N took a seat at the table, running her eyes tiredly as the queen started groaning at Maverick.
"What?!"

Y/N looked at the table, seeing the queen had fetched some berries and filled an old pan with water, Y/N cringed at the pan of water before leaning back down into her seat.

The queen continued to roar at him, Y/N watched in annoyance as the queens yells were disturbing her peace, especially since she had just woken up.

"Sorry! I don't speak bear."

Y/N watched boredly with her head in her hand as the queen mimicked firing an arrow, she watched Maverick struggle for a bit until he figured out what she was saying.
"Ohh.." he grabbed his bow off the table.

"Your majesty, with all of respect-" Y/N so badly wanted to be rude to her, but she knew better that to cause even more drama. "We slept in the woods, we're using tree bark and sticks as cutlery, you are a bear! Table manners at the least of our concerns right now."

Y/Ns little angry rant caught the queen off Guard, so her play knife slipped off the nightshade berry  she was trying to cut and ended up hitting Maverick in the face.

Y/N let out a gasp and snort behind her hand before grinning.

Maverick and the queen also gasped by before the queen started to eat the berries elegantly with her fingers.

Y/N only watched the queen in amusement, knowing full well what those berries were.

"Find those by the creek did you?" Maverick cringed, grabbing one of the berries off the "plate."

The queen nodded pridefully.

"They're nightshade berries." Maverick answered. "They're poisonous." He stated blankly as the queen ate another one.