Break On Through

After realising that something was wrong with the Gilbert ring, Meredith got Alaric immediately booked in for an MRI.

He was laid flat out on the couch, waiting to go under the scanner. To say he was nervous was an understatement. Arabella, Elena and Meredith were stood in the control room, anxiously waiting to scan the history teacher.

"So what exactly are you looking for?" Arabella questioned as her eyes flickered from Alaric to the computer screen.

Meredith shrugged her shoulders and continued to tap away on the keyboard "I don't know. A tumor, vascular anomalies, anything physical that might explain his behaviour. If it's medical. I can treat it."

"And if its not?" Elena queried with a frown.

Meredith stayed silent for a moment before she smiled sadly "Well then we'll deal with that too."

One of the technicians started sliding Alaric under the scanner and Arabella quickly rushed over to the window, watching as the history teacher disappeared into the tunnel. "When did you suspect him? That it was Alaric killing those people?"

Meredith pushed the chair back from the computer and stood up "It was after he came clean about his magical ring. I remembered a story my grandmother had told me about Samantha Gilbert and her secret journal. I don't know if you know this, but we Fell's are notorious busy-bodies."

Inside the scanner, Alaric was staring up at his reflection in the mirror. His reflection was glaring down at him but Alaric wasn't making the same facial expression. This caused Alaric to slightly panic which gained the attention from Meredith and the Gilbert twins.

"Everything alright in there?" Meredith called to him through the speaker.

"Yeah, yeah, everything's okay."

A little while later Alaric was in a hospital room, getting himself ready to leave when Arabella and Elena entered the room. "So, Meredith said that everything is normal..." The older Gilbert twin said as she sauntered over to the bed and sat herself down, crossing her legs.

"Yeah, well, everything is normal, because there is nothing wrong with me. I didn't kill Brian Walters. I didn't kill Bill Forbes, and I sure as hell didn't shove a hunting knife into my stomach." The history teacher looked down at the magical ring and twirled it around his finger "Or maybe I did and I have gone insane, just like your ancestor who wore the same damn thing."

"Look, I'm gonna call Bonnie, the rings were made by a Bennett witch so maybe a witch can reverse the Damage." Elena said with a hopeful tone.

Alaric shook his head and slid the ring off his finger "Take it." He said walking over to Arabella and placing it in the palm of her hand. "I don't want it."

Suddenly the doors to his room opened and Arabella's smile reached her eyes and she jumped up from the bed when the older Salvatore entered the room "You ready to ditch this house of horrors?" He asked the history teacher before he wrapped his arms around Arabella and kissed her softly on the lips. "Oof, you look terrible." He joked.

Alaric glared at his vampire friend before he picked up his bags "Yeah, let me... let me check outta here." He said before he made his way out of the room. Elena scrunched her face up at the two lovers before she sent Damon a hateful look and followed after Alaric.

"God, what's her problem now?" Damon questioned as he wrapped his arms tighter around Arabella's waist.

"Let's face it, you're a dick!" Arabella replied with a shrug and an amused smile. "Come on, let's get out of this House of horrors." She said before she entwined their hands and lead him out of the room.