75

It felt truly bizarre since it was a situation where I asked the Saint of Mercy to be an assassin. Still, I tried to erase from my memory countless nights of the low whispers and the crimson eyes that gazed at me.

“That’s all there is to it. It’ll be a good thing for you, too.”

I paused for a moment at the words that seemingly sounded absurd and cooled my face with the back of my hand.

Though I heard a strange sound, Seraphina didn’t ask for any explanation.

In the meanwhile, even though she heard strange words from my mouth, Seraphina didn’t ask for any explanation. She just continued to gaze intently at me with her usual upright posture, only slightly tilting her head downward.

“Is that so?”

“Yes, yes… because he…”

As my voice trembled uncontrollably, I shut my eyes tightly and clenched my fists. I couldn’t say it… the story that he would violate and ruin her, and that it was her destiny.

It was too cruel a narrative for one person to say to another.

Closing my lips, I eventually opened my eyes and gazed into her beautiful eyes. Even though she was smiling, her expression was somewhat uneasy. Seraphina seemed to ponder deeply before choosing her words.

“So, are you saying it for my sake…?”

“That’s…”

My words got caught in my throat for a moment at her question. If it were Eden, he would have confidently said, ‘Yes, it’s for you,’ without any hesitation. I mumbled, needlessly twisting my hair.

“It’s not just for you.”

Seraphina’s lips twitched before she smiled.

“It’s also for you as well.”

“For Eden… It’s also for Eden as well.”

As if to make an excuse, I quickly added Eden’s name. However, perhaps it might have had a reverse effect because Seraphina’s smiling eyes were now clouded.

“It’s also for Eden.”

Seraphina repeated my words and sealed her lips tightly.

After a moment, she asked.

“How do you know about that?”

“Uh… there was a prophecy.”

“A prophecy…?”

“Yes. Well, it’s a document that describes the events that will happen in the future…”

Seraphina’s eyebrows furrowed slightly at my words.

“Where is this document?”

After thinking about how to phrase it, I decided to provide an explanation that would convince her.

“It’s in the ancient archives of the old sanctuary. During the time of the expedition, when you were away, I was there.”

“I’ve never heard of such a document.”

There was no hint of bewilderment or reprimand as to why I had taken it from Seraphina, just pure curiosity, a little surprise and a lot of fear.

I hesitated for a moment before speaking.

“It’s in my belongings, but… there’s a problem. I’m the only one who could read it.”

As Seraphina stood up and grabbed my bag, I unpacked my belongings with trembling hands, took out a small book and handed it over to her.