THE WOMAN OF STEEL. CHAPTER I

Hello everyone! I bring you the first chapter of the second part of the story about a gender-bend Superman: Superwoman. Born as Kala-El on Krypton and raised as Clara Kent in Kansas, and now defending humanity while trying to live as a reporter in Metropolis, at the hottest moment of the Cold War! This story is the second part of THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERWOMAN: THE ETERNAL COURSE which is the presentation of the character and her fight against Lex Luthor,, but you can read this story from scratch without reading the first part if you want, the facts are independent.

Not only is Superwoman here, but I have also included Roberta Lee (the teenager of Chinese origin who wants to be a journalist and stars in "SUPERMAN SMASHES THE KLAN") as Clara's apprentice, Batman, Aquaman, Zatanna, the Luthor family, the Toyman...and well, a space threat that is looming over the Earth but we don't know what it is yet!

Leave your comments, criticisms or requests if you are interested! Which of the subplots would you like to see developed, which characters to include or take out of the story and how would you like them to evolve! Hope you enjoy the story and if not don't be afraid of being harsh and tell me your thoughts!

Tuesday November 15, 1949

[Roberta Lee's Diary]

Dear Diary!

Today was my third day at the Daily Planet. This place is so exciting and impressive! I was asked to try to translate an old Chinese newspaper article from one of the war-isolated areas, but the dialect was difficult for me. The people are still very friendly except for a horrible sports reporter named Steve Lombard, who must be famous, but I've never heard of him...I'll ask Tommy if he knows who he is! But he's a bump, he calls me "Charlotte Chan" and thinks it's hilarious. I haven't done much today. Jimmy Olsen is teaching me how to develop and file photos. The rest of the time I've been trying to translate the Chinese article Mr. Mailer brought me. He is a charming man and has recommended me some books. Mr. Mailer addresses everyone with insults and very little manners, but with me he is very kind instead...Jimmy has told me that he is nice because he doesn't know me yet...that when he gets to know me and becomes fond of me, he will start insulting. Besides...I want to do more things apart from ordering files and translations! But I haven't been able to talk to Mr. Lane and Miss Kent yet. Ronald Troupe, who is with Jimmy, the nicest person on the paper, told me that on Friday we'll go lunching with Mr. Lane. Ronald told me also that Mr. Lane just doesn't hang around here very much anymore. I also have not seen yet the two bosses, Mr. Weiss and Ms. Grant. I'm very nervous about meeting such important people.

I went back down to the World Magazine offices, but Mr. Lane was busy again. He has a very old and very unfriendly secretary whom I have failed to convince that I now work here and that I know Mr. Lane. The World Magazine office, although part of the same publishing house and in the same building, is a very different place. The people seem quieter and more uptight, the offices more elegant. I get the feeling that people only speak in whispers and hide to talk on the phone. They all have their "highly sensitive sources" and their "leaks from politicians and diplomats". According to that nasty Steve Lombard, everyone is always handling serious things but Louis Lane, who only goes to the office "to sleep it off." I'm sure that's not true. I saw the chief editor of the World Magazine, Ms. Alina Barystoff-Baker or something like that. Jimmy says she is gorgeous and very famous in Europe, but for me she looked more like some kind of snake.

Most important: Miss Kent! She's the one who got me hired to come in for three hours in the afternoons three days a week after school, and who promised to teach me the job! But she doesn't show up! She phoned me two weeks ago to tell me the news. I didn't know what to give her as a thank you gift, so I brought her a ceremonial porcelain bowl that was my grandmother's and is very important to us, but I haven't met her yet...She is very busy now that she is a Senior Reporter. Apparently, Miss Kent only shows up in the mornings, drops off articles, and goes off in search of more news. Besides she was on vacation last week although nobody knows where. Jimmy Olsen adores her, but I've been told by a switchboard operator that Miss Kent's too weird, a two-faced person and that she has suspiciously moved up too fast...Tattletale! I've also been told by that tattletale that Mr. Lane and Miss Kent are no longer "special friends"...oh how can you be so mean, you Tattletale! She started gossiping that Mr. Lane had left his wife for Miss Kent, and as soon as Miss Kent was promoted to Senior Reporter, she left him. I've stopped her, I didn't want to know anything about that story and of course I didn't believe it.