A New Challenger

A New Challenger
-
[author]

CW:

There is a little bit of Homophobia in this chapter. Just figured that I should let you all know. I hope to see all of you soon for the next chapter!

[/author]

-

After Vasati and I left the slums to return to Flandre, we were greeted by a letter on the door of our abandoned old dorm.

"First Princess Vasati le Demonshire and Princess Eira de Bethencourt, you have been summoned to the Royal capital of Demonshire for an audience with King Azziros. Immediately."

As I read the notice aloud to Vasati, she let out a huge sigh.

"I'm sure you were expecting this as well Eira."

"I was not personally expecting for him to order us to come the moment we got back." I let out a small chuckle as I answered her.

"That is my dad for you. Always ordering her daughter around." She shrugged and started making her way toward the dorm exit.

"No rest for the weary I suppose," I remarked, trailing behind her toward the exit.

"Well, he is going to be your father too eventually," Vasati smirked as she casually draped her arm around my neck.

"Wait, shouldn't we be more dressed up for an audience with King Azziros?"

"If you want to, then go ahead," Vasati answered plainly.

"Well, it's not that I want to it's just more that I figure that is what is expected."

"Then don't do it. My father does not care for all of those formalities. He will be much more interested in how much stronger we have gotten anyways."

While I did believe Vasati's claim to be true, the last thing I want is for the royal council which is already against two girls getting married to complain about what I was wearing.

'Politics are hard' I let out a small breath of annoyance.

-
We reached the royal capital of Demonshire instantaneously thanks to the advanced teleportation that Vasati and I had both learned while we were away for those long five years.

I opted for the silky white dress that had been a gift from my parents two years ago. Its delicate fabric cascaded gently, enchanted by wind magic, and adorned with intricate lace patterns that whispered of timeless elegance. The intention was for me to wear it to my 13th birthday party, but I missed it, so my parents sent it to me through the mail and I received it from Farru.

"Eira that dress looks really pretty on you" Vasati's compliment sent a flutter through me, momentarily causing me to blush, but I quickly broke into a warm smile.

"Thank you, Vasati. Your skirt is also pretty cute."

While Vasati wasn't exactly dressed as a princess should be, she still appeared elegant to my eyes. She adorned herself in a flowing, silky white long-sleeved shirt, its fabric draping elegantly over her frame. Paired with it was a lengthy pink skirt, which seemed to twinkle with light in contrast to her usual dark-colored clothing.

"Thanks!" Vasati reached for my hand with a gentle yet confident grasp, intertwining her fingers with mine.

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah."

"Great."

As the Vasati pushed open the door in front of us, we were greeted by a massive hall filled with people. The council was present and could be seen lined up on both sides of the massive red carpet nearest to the throne of the King.