𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦. 𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘥

it was an hour before dinner when olivia had the courage to knock on aria's door. olivia had a few lies that she came up with, she didn't like lying but white lies were fine but when the door opened and she saw aria, the lies vanished into thin air.

"i can't make the date tonight." she spoke before aria could say anything and the girl's face dropped. 

"what?" aria was surprised to say the least, they had been texting about the date all night and now olivia was just gonna bail on her.

"something came up and i can't reschedule," that wasn't a lie. her mother would only be in town for a while and olivia would stay and she and aria would have all the time in the world to go on a second first date.

"oh," aria was stunned for a moment, she hadn't started getting ready but she was about to. they were gonna go to the movies and then have breakfast at a dinner nearby but they could do that on any other day, right now olivia looked like she was going somewhere different. she wore a skirt instead of her usual cargo pants, she replaced her docs for a pair of white boots and she covered her hands with white gloves, hiding the stick and poke she has on her wrist.

"listen, can i just come in for a moment?" olivia felt a chill in the air and aria stepped out for the doorway to let her in. they didn't move from the door after aria shut it, she didn't even know why she came in because she was supposed to leave in less than a minute.

"an explanation would be nice but im not upset with you or anything." aria crossed her arms over her chest, face easy, voice smooth when she speaks and olivia leans back against the door in relief.

"my mom's in town and she wants to have dinner with me and my brothers." olivia had her hair in a bun, red curls springing out as she tried to keep them hidden. her mother demandes perfection and olivia had to deliver if she wanted that monthly allowance.

"want me to fix that for you?" aria gestured to the girl's messy hair, a smile on her face and olivia returns the smile. "please." she lets aria lead her up to her room, they sit down on her bed. aria was better at these kinds of things, olivia was still figuring out what she was good at.

aria had her door shut as she straddled olivia's lap, she barely did anything to the girl's hair but olivia could feel aria tug on her roots before she sat back and smiled at the red head. "what?" Olivia brushed a loose curl out of her face, "you look elegant but also still have the olivia charm to ya." aria was right, olivia's light hair was loose but two strands were pulled back to highlight her face and she could see a few braids among the messy curls.

"i kinda look hot." olivia stood in front of the mirror, aria stood beside her, head on olivia's shoulder. "oh, you look more than just kinda hot." she turned to the shorter girl, aria's head was tilt up so they could lock eyes and olivia wanted to stay there for the rest of her life. fuck dinner with her family, fuck being away from aria, hell fuck her mom. nothing mattered, nothing but the girl that looked at her with those big brown eyes.

"i really have to go," olivia's hands had a mind of their own because without any instruction from her, they moved onto aria's hips, pulling the girl into her. "what's stopping you?" aria's whispers only fed into the feeling bubbling in olivia's chest, her arms wrapping around aria and for a while they just stay like that, with aria's head on her shoulder and olivia's on top of hers.

"my mom hates when im late to anything." olivia forces her hands to do what she tells them, stepping away from aria. "okay, what are you in the marines?" aria let's out a laugh and olivia sits down on her dresser, maybe it's for the best to leave some room between them.

"grandad was a marine and now we're being raised like ones so i should really go." olivia got up from the dresser as she checked the time on her watch. she had a few seconds to spare so without thinking, she pulled aria close to her, their lips connecting for a moment as her arms wrap around the girl and she can feel aria smile into the kiss.

"okay, marine, drop down and give me twenty." aria jokes when the kiss breaks apart, olivia laughing as she rests her head against the dark haired girl's. for a while they just stand there before olivia kisses her again, her hands now in aria's hair, she never knew when to quit so a second later and aria has her pinned to the bed, her hands going underneath olivia's shirt as her lips move down to the girl's neck, leaving a trail of kisses behind and olivia's head goes back. among the kissing and the touching, she finds herself again and pulls away, nearly rolling off aria's bed as the girl laughs at her.

"god, you almost broke your head open." aria extended her hand and olivia took it, letting herself get pulled to her feet. she barely catches a glimpse of aria when the girl starts brooding, a frown on aria's face. "please don't tell me i actually broke my head open," the last thing olivia needed was a concussion.

"this might be worse, i wasn't thinking." aria used olivia's hair to cover her neck as the red head frowned, gently pushing past the girl, her hand on aria's waist as she passes her. she heads to the mirror first and finds a small bruise on her pale skin and aria gives her a small, awkward smile.

"i can use foundation to hide it, we have the same skin colour i think."

"ghostly pale?" olivia jokes and sits down at the mirror. she heard aria laugh as she looked through her make up, slowly applying some make up to the girl's neck to hide the mark she left behind.

"last time i had a hickey, i was fourteen. i didn't know about make up then so i wore turtlenecks every day for a week." olivia cringed at the memory of her mother seeing it and scolding her about it. giving her the full disappointed mom act.

"well, as of right now, you don't have a hickey anymore." aria smiles up at the girl, sitting on her knees between olivia's legs as olivia pets her hair.

"i heard about your friend, want me to drive you to the hospital on the way?" aria shook her head and got up, "but i will walk you to the door." and she does, the two girls walk down the stairs, hand in hand before eventually reaching the door.

"you look scared." aria comments and olivia opens the front door, "mom's very hot and cold so i don't know if she'll love me or hate me." olivia takes a step and she's on the other side of the door.

"just play it cool, you're nothing if not a loveable sweetheart." aria teased and olivia rolls her eyes, "well, im convinced you're the only one that thinks that. have a nice night, aria."

"try to enjoy your night, olivia." and then she's gone and aria is standing by the door and watching her go.