Dogday x shy reader

Requested by F0olishShou

Entering playcare after 10 years of quitting was not what you wanted, but yet here you are. You looked at a poster of catnap and huggy, you smiled at the memories that came flooding back through your mind.

You, catnap, huggy, and the rest of the smiling critters playing with the children when the factory was closed to the public. It was the best part of your job. But after finding out what they did to those poor kids.. You had to quit.

You looked around for an escape of the playhouse. Soon you took notice of the cells that lined the walls. You were lost in your own world till you heard a voice beside you.

'You must be Poppy's angel, come to save us!' You gasped and turned to see Dogday, the leader of the smiling critters. He looked just how you remembered him, just taller and legless. Wait-

'Well there's nothing here to save, angel..' He said in a saddened tone. You felt tears in your eyes, he looked so hopeless.. You must've got lost in thought because the next thing you heard was pitter patter of little paws. A lot of little paws.

You quickly pulled out a pocket knife and cut the straps that were suspending dogday, you held him bridal style and started running from the little critters. Dogday seemed to be in a daze which somewhat worried you.

After escaping the Mini Critters you gently sat dogday down against the wall for him to rest for a few moments. You sat down next to him, still panting from the chase. He slowly turned his head to look at you. 'You-.. You saved me..?' You looked at him, giving a slight nod.

He stayed silent for a moment before speaking again. 'Why?.. ' His question felt like a bullet going through you, though you weren't sure why. Why did you save him?.. 'Because your my friend.. ' you responded with a gentle smile.

Dogday let out a faint 'oh.. '. You two were slilent for a few moments before dogday spoke up again. 'What if I don't want us to be friends..?' He asked, slowly. He surly didn't mean it like how it sounded. You looked at him with a raised eyebrow, 'more or less?' You asked. 'More' he replied, understanding what you were asking.

You felt heat rise to your face at his answer. 'I'd like to be more too, dogday' you responded shyly. He smiled and hugged you as best as he could. 'I love you, yn' he mumbled.