Buransh- A Tale Of 1980s

A/N- I know sabse demanded story 'Mere Mamu ki Dulhaniya ' thi par woh iske baad milegi aur baki list ek according.

Continued...

"Umm..pehle first story hi padh Kusum, dekhe last time ki tarah iski bhi ending open ending hai ya nhi, kam se kam andaaza lag jayega ki baki story kaisi hongi.." Shruti said, chewing her nails.

"Andaaza ? Title se andaaza lagaya tha last time humne aur sari stories hamari soch se alag gyi..jisme romance socha tha usme suspense aur jisme suspense socha usme horror...!" Ambi said tauntingly.

"Haan isliye toh kah rahi hoon, yeh thodi romantic type ki lag rahi hai dekhte hai isme kya milta hai..!" Shruti said.

"Hmm..thik hai padhti hoon main...!" Kusum said, turning the page.

|••• Buransh- A Tale of 1980s •••|

April, 1979

In a developing village in Uttar Pradesh, India, a lavishly decorated house buzzed with excitement, where just a few hours ago the bride had arrived, the women playfully teased the innocent bride while the men were engrossed in preparations with the groom.

Both the bride and groom were filled with nervous excitement at the prospect of finally meeting each other. They had never laid eyes on one another in person; he, a Captain in the Indian Army, and she, completed her 12th in the arts. She had only seen one picture of him, sent by his parents to her family. He, on the other hand, had not yet glimpsed her, having returned home just two days before their wedding.

"Anubhav yaar thodi si pii le, shaadi hai teri..!" The groom's cousin urged, handing him a glass of alcohol.

Meet Anubhav Singh Rathore, a twenty-five-year-old man with a fair complexion, striking brown eyes, standing tall at six feet one inch, and sporting a handsome moustache on his face.

"Nhi Aaj nhi..!" Anubhav softly refused.

"Aaj hi toh peene ka din hai bhai, shaadi huyi hai Teri waise bhi ise bina ke baad tumhare andar ka jawan aur Jawan ho jayega..!" His friend said teasing him.

"Isliye nhi peena, shaadi huyi hai, biwi ke samne pehla impression hi kharab ho jayega Mera..!" Anubhav said, pushing the glass away.

"Thik hai mat pii..!" His friend said, looking disappointed.

"Anubhav chal aa ja ab idhar..!" Anubhav's mother called out sweetly.

"Aaya Amma..!" He replied with a smile and walked over to his mother.

"Kahiye Amma..kyu bulaya mujhe?" He asked with a smile.

"Kyu kya? Ja apne kamre mein, hamari Bahu intezaar kar rahi hai tumhara..!" His mother said smilingly.

"Haan jao jao bhaiya, warna bhabhi so na jaye aapka intezar karte karte..!" His younger sister, who is married teased him. He blushed.

"Dekho maa, bhaiya kaise sharma rahe hai..!" His sister teased him.

"Haan dekh rahe hai, fauji hokar aise Sharma raha hai jaise yahi dulhan hai..!" His mother teased as well, but their smiles faded when they heard a taunt from his uncle "Dekho ladka hokar ladkiyon jaise sharma raha hai..mard ban mard..!"

Anubhav glanced at his mother, who gestured for him not to respond. He rolled his eyes; his uncle often taunted them because they lived with him. Anubhav had lost his father in a war when he was just five, and his family didn't allow his mother to work, leaving her helpless and dependent on them.

"Ja Anu tu bahu ke paas ja..!" Maa said softly, Anubhav hummed and walked to his room not before glaring at his uncle.

In the room, a young woman in her early twenties sat on the bed, which was adorned with a scattering of red roses, possibly arranged in the shape of a heart on the pristine white bedsheet.