Chapter 16

Everyone apart from Charlie and (Y/N) were in the lobby as they were talking about Vaggie being an angel instead of a demon. Alastor already knew this. It was obvious to him. They were discussing how they keep getting into deeper shit because of Charlie's involvment with Heaven.

"Heaven is..."

"Liars?" Angel asked, sipping his drink.

"Difficult." Vaggie corrected.

"Yeah, well, her best is... turning out real well. We nearly have dead resident here and we're being targeted first for the extermination." Husk then walked away.

"And where is miss fearless leader anyway? Isn't it about time to have another 'doom to fail' plan?"

"She's upstairs with (Y/N). I saw her walking around earlier. First I've seen her since the meeting."

"Hmm." Alastor then disappeared into the shadows.

---

Charlie was crying, all tucked up in bed, hugging (Y/N) who was in her deer/dog form gently. She was asleep from the movement which made her injury ache and really used a lot of energy. Razzle and Dazzle gave her tissues as she blew her nose and threw it into the trash can.

Alastor then appeared and saw (Y/N) fast asleep against Charlie, examining her bandages which had slight red through them, but decided to talk to Charlie.

"You look like an absolute mess."

"Ugh, go away, Alastor." Charlie hidden her head under the duvet.

"Now, now, is that any way to act after picking a fight with all of Heaven and dooming everyone you love?" He asked, teasing and gently stroking (Y/N) back, now sitting on the bed.

"I have enough on my mind without hearing your sadistic idea of a joke, asshole." She then quickly turned over, accidentally tugging (Y/N) make her yelp and jump awake. "Sorry, (Y/N)." Alastor's eye twitched at this and kissed (Y/N)'s forehead before teleporting next to Charlie, wanting to keep this up.

"Who's joking?" She yelped and fell off the bed. "You have a captive audience downstairs, waiting to see what inspiring performance you have planned next!" She leaned against the bed, watched as he laid on his stomach, waving his legs in the air and resing his jaw on his fists. (Y/N) took this moment to lie next to him and relax.

"I'm just as bad as the cruelest Overlord in Hell." Charlie wiped her tears and stood up. "Or worse! Not going around giving false hope."

"Well... I never expected to see such self-loathing from you."

"Oh, fuck you, Alastor! All you do is stand there smiling while you watch us struggle and fail." (Y/N) growled at Charlie, but she ignored it. "(Y/N), shut the fuck up."

"I wouldn't talk to her like that if I were you, dear." Alastor told Charlie as she sighed sadly.

"I know, I'm sorry, (Y/N)." Alastor and (Y/N) sat up and the female nodded at the apology. Charlie turned around and sighed, talking to Alastor again. "I don't know how you can enjoy the suffering so much."

"Just because you see a smile, don't think you know what's going om underneath." Alastor spoke to Charlie, chuckling a little. He then grabbed her face gently and made her smile. "A smile is a very valuable tool, my dear. It inspires your friends, and keep your enemies guessing, and ensures that no matter what comes your way, you're the one in control."

'Or you could be stuck smiling like a puppet.' (Y/N) thought to herself because she swear that Alastor couldn't stop smiling, but he'd refuse to speak to her about the smile on his face.