Chapter one: To Lose

C/N (Coin Name) was a young coin, who lived on an island close to Cryptoland with their parents. They were pretty boring, if not for their unusual silver colour. Nobody knew why theirr metal wasn't gold or pink like everyone else's, but they quickly had to accept that they'd always be an outcast because of that.

Their family was very poor, their father worked two jobs and their mother was too sick to work. It was tough living like that, but they managed.

One day, as C/N was getting ready to go out with their best friend, F/N (Friend Name), their father suddenly brought them to the front door.

"Dad, what's happening?" they asked.

Their father explained: "I'm really sorry it had to come to this, but... your mother's too sick. You don't have a job and you spend all of your allowance on shoe polish."

"You know I love polishing shoes! It's always been my dream to become a shoe polisher!"

Their father coughed, looking guilty. "You'll do that, I imagine. Listen, don't freak out... I really need all the money I can get. I sold our charcuterie board, our X-Box... and now I'm selling..."

The doorbell rang. C/N felt a shiver run down their spine.

"You."

Before they could react, their father opened the door and greeted the guests.

"Hello, One Direction."

C/N's heart sank.

"Dad, you can't be doing this!"

"I need to pay your mom's medical bills! Ever since she gave birth to you, our lives have been completely ruined! It only makes sense that I would sell you to One Direction!"

"But I'm your CHILD!"

"And we're One Direction!" One Direction said.

"SHUT UP! I HATE ALL OF YOU!" C/N ran past One Direction with tears in their eyes.

They didn't know where they were headed, they just kept running, tears flowing freely. Their mother... was she really sick because of them? Maybe that's why they were silver? Because they'd never do anything right?

They tripped and fell face-first on asphalt.

"There you are, C/N! Please don't be so sad! We promise we'll take care of you!" One Direction said.

C/N's eyes scanned their surroundings, taking note of the two beings with clashing color palettes that were currently exchanging spit on the sidewalk. They realized where they were.

"This is... the mall where dad always took me when I was little. He'd always buy me shoe polish when I was sad..."

"C/N... your father didn't have much of a choice. We offered him a shitton of money. A fuckton. So much fucking money. It would have been stupid to refuse such an offer."

"But WHY? I'm nothing but a useless, boring, stupid SILVER COIN!"

One Direction helped them get up and hugged them tight, like many fathers would do.

"Isn't that... What Makes You Beautiful?" they smiled.

C/N started crying profusely. They were truly touched.

"Nobody's... nobody's ever told me I'm beautiful before."

One Direction was shocked. "C/N, there's no coin as beautiful as you! Or as skilled at polishing shoes! The reason we bought you is because..."

they thought hard about it. "because..."

a minute passed. "because..."

they shrugged. "Well, there surely was a reason. But we know what we'll do with you: give you the life you deserve! And we'll turn you into the coolest shoe polisher in the world!"

"The... coolest?"

"Yes."

C/N smiled. They hadn't done that in a long time.

"I'm so... grateful. Thank you."

"We're Happily to help."

So One Direction brought C/N to their humble abode...

TO BE CONTINUED

a.n.: hehe this is my first reader insert fic i hope you like it :) the next chapters will be longer this is just the intro!!!!!!! stay coiny