7. the star necklace

I'm alive, people.

CHAPTER 7

<><><>

dana comforted wonbin until he calmed down, brushing her hand in his hair, which made him comfortable. 

"you okay now?" she asked. and she felt his head moving against her neck. "hmm", his voice hoarse. 

they've been doing it ever since they're children, so it isn't awkward anymore. wonbin liked someone to play with his hair so dana did it for him. for sleepovers and everything, they always do this. .

she's been with wonbin ever since childhood, everytime wonbin come to the lee mansion just for vacation, she will come over. she lives a house away from the lee mansion, and his family knows her. 

she is the only one who make him calm down. not even jimin, not even taeyong, nor his family and friends. just dana. 

snuggled against her chest, wonbin felt comfortable in her arms. it's been a long time, and he felt like home. 

"care to tell what happened?"

dana is patient. she knew he can't speak well in times of this, so she just waited while playing with wonbin's jet black hair. 

"he's here." he felt dana stiff. "we confronted and that's it, i slept, and i dreamed about what happened when i was 17."

"at the alleyway." she continued for him. "when they bully you because you're too feminine."

"would you rather believe it?" he asked. dana hummed in wonder and looked at him. "that i'm too girly?"

"you already know my answer, wonnie. i will always believe that you're a boy. you're like my older brother anyway. that's their problem, wonbin. don't think about it."

"but it still bothers me y'know? when i see him, memories flows like a blood to my veins. it's all coming back, dana. and i hate it." 

she just hugged him, make him snuggle further to her neck, smelling her natural scent that made him comfortable. 

"don't worry about it, the boys, taeyong oppa and jimin unnie know more about you, even me. it's just what people sees, wonbin, and they didn't know you either. you weren't born to be a people pleaser, you're born to be park wonbin, and nothing else. people just don't have anything to do anyway." she said as she pats his head. "you've done good to us wonbin, if you're doubting us, please don't. we aren't your friend for nothing."

he just snuggled closer. "thank you, dana." was the last thing he say as he drifted to sleep again. 

<><><>

he never felt so free, so light after last night. 

"hey wonbin, let's practice for our recitals." wonbin nodded and complied happily. 

he danced with ease and it's a big relief for his friends. seeing wonbin this happy is indeed a good sign. 

after the recital practice, the 8 of them are in the cafeteria, hangging out as usual.