[27] I Don't Want to Learn Anymore, Merlin!

Shedding the old and embracing the new, the courtyard witnessed the arrival of spring without a single fallen leaf to sweep. In the evening glow, an elderly knight sat in the backyard, pouring a cup of homemade fruit wine for the silver-haired magus in front of him.

"Magus, you've always been busy with affairs. Why did you personally come to visit today?"

Remarked the elderly knight, Ector.

"Traveling in this direction, I took the opportunity to visit Lily."

Replied the gentle man with a smile, a man known as Merlin, the Magus of Flowers.

His waist-length silver hair seemed to shimmer with a rainbow-like brilliance in the sunlight, complemented by an elegant robe that exuded an aristocratic air. With a face carved like a work of art, adorned with enchanting amethyst eyes, the combination presented a beauty seemingly beyond the realm of humanity.

In truth, he was not human but a half-incubus, possessing world-defying beauty.

This man, with his unparalleled beauty, was Merlin, the renowned magus of Britannia.

Facing Sir Ector, Merlin's words sounded gentle and sincere, but they concealed a hidden truth.

In reality, he was just getting tired of the Northlands and decided to visit this area while seeking flowers and gossip.

Merlin, the great sage, with his extraordinary magical prowess, was a well-known figure throughout Britannia. However, what people didn't know was that he couldn't survive without women. With his charming demeanor and the allure of incubus, he could captivate the hearts and minds of almost any woman with just a glance.

If he grew weary, wiping away those picturesque memories, he could move on like a traceless dream.

In other words, he was Britannia's greatest scoundrel and the master of time management.

Originally, he was busy in the Orkney Isles, engaging in profound conversations with the Duchess.

However, recently...

Merlin's right eyelid kept twitching incessantly, as if indicating some uneasy omen. Yet, despite using his miraculous clairvoyance to observe the present world multiple times, he couldn't discern any clues.

Using this miracle-like clairvoyance was quite draining.

He might as well snuggle up in a woman's embrace.

After a few tries, Merlin became lazy about looking behind him.

However, the ominous foreboding seemed to linger around his mind, refusing to dissipate.

As a incubus, there was hardly anything in Britannia that could threaten his life.

So... was the problem really with Lily?

Communication of consciousness wasn't as restricted as the limitations of the physical body. Leveraging dreams, Merlin could easily communicate with people even from afar.

So, during the day, he would lie on a woman's bed, giving profound advice, and at night, he would find time to teach Lily various aspects of kingship through dreams.

It must be said that his time management was impeccable.

During these days, Lily remained diligent and eager to learn, showing no signs of peculiar behavior. At most, it seemed like she had more questions, which was normal for a young girl.

But Merlin couldn't shake the feeling that he should visit her in person...

Sipping the fruit wine, he became somewhat intoxicated by its exceptionally crisp and sweet taste.