Christian (The Moment You've Been Waiting For)

"As a rule, Men care more about
what they can't see then what
they can." ~Julius Caesar

Christian was swimming back to the shore when he saw a man, moving faster than a dolphin, on his way down to Neptune's realm. That must be Ishan, he thought, remembering Neptune's words. He had given him the ability to breathe and swim like any other creature in his realm, so no questions about his true identity were raised.

The man stopped, and by the paleness of his face, surely from the lack of sun, Christian's suspicions were confirmed. So it is the Emperor's son. He thought, and approached him, slowly, but Ishan was the first to speak.

"Are you Christian?" he asked.

"Depends. Are you Ishan?" Christian retorted.

"How do you know who I am?" Ishan shot back quickly, then remembered that he had spoken to Neptune. "Yes." he added, so as not to seem incompetent.

"Good. Now come with me," Christian commanded, used to being the future Emperor, and people doing as he told.

"No," Ishan said, and Christian stopped. "You're coming with me." he added, just for clarification, and to show who was really in charge.

"Fine, seems we're going to the same place, correct?"

"If you're headed to the docks, then yes. Yes we are."

"Perfect, then let us leave so as not to waste time," Christian said, and started swimming towards the surface. For some reason, Ishan got there faster. Much faster. Christian brushed it off, and kept moving, only to find Jade waiting, feet in the water, praying. She was speaking aloud, and Ishan had emerged so silently Christian was sure she had not noticed him. He must have been eavesdropping. As soon as Christian got to the surface, though, she jolted alive.

"Oh! Hey, Christian," she realized, then looked to Ishan. "That was fast." she said.

"I know, I saw someone trying to swim up and figured I'd check on it."

Jade nodded, and Christian walked up to her, grabbing her hands protectively. "Are you okay?" he asked, and Jade pulled her hands away, nodding.

A moment later, Ishan came up, walking Jade over so Christian couldn't hear what they were talking about.

Christian couldn't explain it, but he felt angry that they were being so private. He felt Ishan knew something he didn't, and he didn't like it. Not at all.

After a few moments, Jade looked up at Ishan with tears in her eyes, and Christian walked over, oddly protective, and it bothered him that he didn't know why.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Nothing," Jade said, wiping her eyes and stepping away from Ishan, who nodded knowingly at Jade.

Are they a couple? Christian wondered, and grimaced at the thought. No, he thought, they couldn't be. He finished answering his own question, telling himself that it was dumb and irrational.

Why did he care so much, anyways? It was just that. He didn't, not really. He only cared now because he had competition. So why can't I stop caring? He wondered, and that question stuck in the back of his mind the whole way back to Palatine Hill, where his father—no, the Emperor's, palace was located.