PART - 3

"Sir... Opposition leader, Mr. Dev Bisht wanted to meet you but he has no appointment, should we allow him ?", his secretary asked through the intercom.

Dev Bisht... If it was anyone else, his secretary would have bluntly refused, since she knew he hated if someone came without a proper appointment, he is a very systematic man and he liked to have things that way but it was not anyone but his friend, in fact best friend Dev.

Sure, he was the leader of the opposition and they both sit on opposite sides in the assembly and parliament but that didn't change his equation with his best friend. He knew it never would.

"Let him in", Shaurya said, his secretary nodded and left. A couple of minutes later, Dev made his way inside the CM's office.

Dev Bisht was a young man in his mid-thirties, his father was a businessman and also an ex-Rajya Sabha member, but he was never into politics but that changed when his best friend Shaurya decided to take over his father's political party, the largest and most popular one in the state and one of the largest in the entire nation.

He along with Shaurya worked for social welfare right from their youth days. So it wasn't a difficult decision to make, both the best friends we're inseparable and had similar plans always. So Dev took an instant decision to enter politics, but Shaurya's father was always against Dev's father, so he couldn't join his party, that was a big no. Dev wanted to contest independently but Shaurya was the one who suggested him to join the opposition. At first, Dev was surprised to hear his friend's suggestion but soon got the motive under his friend's idea.

Shaurya knew most of the corruption in the country happened in politics. He might not be able to eradicate it completely but even if he gets succeeded in keeping it under control, it would do wonders for the state development. By having his friend in the opposition he could be assured that things stay under control, if not he would at least be aware of the situation. In no way Shaurya decides Dev's decisions or controls his moves neither would Dev allow it. By standing on the opposite sides, their only motive was to do best for the people.

They both never hesitate to support each other or go against each other, there are several instances where both of them got into a verbal fight in the assembly, both had people's best interests in mind. Dev without any hesitation stood against some bills Shaurya proposed for he believed they sure would be beneficial for the people but not right now. Not many people had an idea of them being best friends but it wasn't their intention to hide. It just happened that way and now they couldn't openly disclose it as it would be blown up as a scandal so they continued to keep their friendship low key.

"Yes Mr. Bisht, what brings you here ?", Shaurya asked professionally.

"Abbe chup kar ja (just shut up) don't force me to hit you in your office, it would cause unnecessary trouble for the both of us", Dev muttered angrily... Shaurya left a heavy sigh... He understood he was here as his best friend not as an opposition leader.

"Dev... This is my workplace, I discuss only work here... We'll talk later about personal things", Shaurya said keeping his calm...

"Shaurya... If you use that robotic tone with me again, I would bang your head to the table I swear... And I am aware this is your workplace, I wouldn't have come here but your actions forced me to... Idiot it's been more than a year you hang out with me, leave about hanging out with me, when was the last time you took an off for yourself  ?", Dev said angrily

"I do talk to you frequently... And coming to taking an off, I am the chief minister of the state, I don't have holidays or leaves Dev", Shaurya said

"Sure... I am a member of legislative Assembly myself and technically I shouldn't have holidays either, but for me I am Dev first, only when I take care of myself can I take care of my people. The same applies for you, you haven't taken a single off from the time you have taken office, that's not how things work Shaurya... You need to take care of your health first, not just physical but mental health as well. By not doing that, you are compromising with yours as well as the people of this state's future", Dev said