The journey of victory begins part 1

Nike was calm as she registered this child's words. She's been flying from place to place over the last three days, the lower world was filled with many interesting things. Given her standards, she knew it would be hard to recruit members to her Familia. She wasn't extremely picky by any means, but very few had the qualities she was looking for. Most gods would take almost anyone if they seemed capable enough, but there was a reason why most adventurers didn't make it to level 2. The last thing she wanted was for her children to die, so it was paramount they had strong spirits, indomitable wills and an unyielding sense of victory.

These qualities are what will make them strong, and will keep them alive during dungeon explorations. She was one of the most powerful deities in all of heaven, and even in the lower world she retained several of her innate abilities. One of which was her ability to see the souls of others, this ability makes it easy to discern if the qualities she was looking for resided in the mortal races. This child named Andreas had what she was looking for and then some. His soul was so bright, so beautiful, it was as if the divine flame of heaven was burning within him. He was strong, that much was made evident from the brightness of his soul. 

An ideal child had just come straight to her, as unprecedented as it was, this was very exciting. Taking a look at him it was clear he'd been running, was he chasing her from the ground? It wasn't uncommon for a child to walk up to a god and ask to join their familia, but this child was smiling with such excitement she had to refrain from instantly saying yes. "Andreas, that's your name?"

His smile didn't waver in the slightest , "That's what I said."

"You have a beautiful smile. But why are you so excited to join my familia?"

"If I say because I've had several dreams about you, she's probably going to be weirded out." He thought as he came up with a response,  "Call it intuition. I saw you flying over and just got a good feeling about you."

She kept smiling as her blue eyes met his silver, "Why did he lie just now?" She thought as she registered his response. She playful cocked her head, "Andreas, this relationship cannot be built upon a foundation of lies. You can be honest with me, you're someone I want to be my family."

He blushed slightly, his smile became bashful as he rubbed the back of his head. "Wow, you really wear your heart on your sleeve, don't you, Goddess. By the way, what's your name? I think it's important I know that." 

She closed her eyes and bowed her head gracefully, "I am Nike, goddess of victory. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Nike." He thought aloud in a low, pleasant tone. He was happy to finally know her name, and she was gentle about calling him out for lying to her. "Forgive me for lying, Nike. Let's start over, have you ever heard that dreams and nightmares are visions to prepare you for the future?"

"I have, it's very true by the way."

"Sweet, than I won't sound weird for saying this. Been having this reoccurring lucid dream for the past few months. An angel appears and presents some sort of challenge to me, you look exactly like that angel, you sound like her too. I never knew what the dreams meant but when I saw you flying over the city I knew it was connected. Standing in front of you right now tells me this is a faithful encounter, especially given I was leaving for Orario in a few days."

Nike gave him an accepting smile, "I see. One question though, do I look better in the dream or in reality?" The look in her blue eyes were so adorable, lying to her would be a definite impossibility.

He smiled at her charmingly, "In my dreams I never saw your face. Your beautiful blue orbs perfectly top off your divine beauty."

"Aww, aren't you sweet and charming." She lightly swooned.